Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

No more ladders letter.
« on: June 01, 2013, 09:49:59 pm »
Hi everyone alot of you may know i'm wfp but fell off my ladder thursday 30th may getting onto a flat roof.

Just knocked up this letter to customers who will be affected by no ladders.

Letter is a bit genaralised and will edit to suit each custie and will only be posting a handful most will be hand delivered with a chance to speak to custie if in.
letter below, tell us what you think and if i could shave it down.
Thanks Lucky Lee :D

Dear customer due to a recent accident using a ladder to access a customers windows on a flat roof, I am abandoning ladders totally.

As you know I already use a water fed pole system. (but windows above extensions and locked garden gates require a ladder).

After a trip to A&E I was relieved to find I had no broken bones, but did have to take a few days of work due to my injuries.

The changes made mean that you my valued customer will be sent a text message the night before to unlock your gate (if needed), as I will not risk climbing over gates.
If your gate is locked on the day of your clean then I will clean windows before your gate and charge for those windows cleaned.

If you have window(s) that require a ladder to clean e.g. Above an extension or balcony then unless I can manage to reach said window(s) with my pole system then that means I will have to miss said window(s).
Another option if you are in when I call is to reach said window(s) from inside your property.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter
and please do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

HampshireWindowCleaning

Re: No more ladders letter.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »
Sounds good mate. I stopped using a ladder to get on flat roofs a couple of years ago, but I have a step ladder that I use to give me a better angle over the flat roof with my pole. I don't miss a single window on my round.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »
'said windows'?

those or these windows.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:18:40 pm »
Drop the bit about only charging for what you've cleaned.
If you've texted them they should remember to leave the gate unlocked.
It also encourages them to remember to leave it unlocked if they're paying full price whatever.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:17 pm »
Dear Customer,

On Thursday my ladder slipped and I injured myself. I will not be using a ladder to gain access to inaccessible windows in the future. In your case this means the one above the garage on the side of your house.

I hope you understand and respect my reason for doing this.

Granville Gold.

For the 1 in a hundred who will moan.

Dear Custy,

I understand your concern about the side window and that when your friend Doris deigns to visit your grotty little hovel and uses the loo she will notice bird crap on your landing window.

Frankly I don't care you absurd little man and I also don't care that when you were a lad all this elfnsafety nonsense didn't exist.

In conclusion I respectfully request that you go and boil your head until it resembles a large oversized prune.

Yours faithfully

;D
It's a game of three halves!

EandM

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:37:21 am »
' Totally ', makes you sound like an American Teenager, or Katy Perry or Carly Rae Jepson. ' Completely ' may sound a little more cucumber sandwhich...
But the sentiment is entirely understood and appreciated.

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:22 am »
Hampshire thanks was thinking that about the steps got myself one of those little giant copy cat ladders from screwfix and was thinking would that help "thanks"

Matt "those; these" yep might be better than "said" just when reading the said bit seem to fit as i replaced "that" ;D

Darren: I agree if the gate is locked then custies problem and should pay the only thing is i have been cleaning some of these 8 years and get on really well with them.
I think that if i gave custie a bill for full price and only done half it would cause bad feeling.
Will take the charging for what i've done out of letter to leave em in suspense ;)

Was thinking i could leave note or re-text custie to say open tomorrow. (if they did forget gate).
But then that seems akward maybe simplier to just charge a minimum price for front if custie that worried about the back then they'l have to remember to open gate.

If custie starts with if gate locked just leave windows; then that is a sackable offence.

Gold: your letter is straight from the shoulder ;D
But i'd better play the game.

EandM thanks will change totally to completely but might throw in a few whatevers :D

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 09:31:16 am »
may sound a little more cucumber sandwhich...

;D

EandM

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 10:26:13 am »

EandM thanks will change totally to completely but might throw in a few whatevers

;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 11:58:20 am »
Thanks everyone :)

scottt24

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 12:39:37 pm »

EandM thanks will change totally to completely but might throw in a few whatevers

;D

If you're going to throw in a few whatever's then you're going to need to add a couple of dudes aswell 😉
Thanks,
              Scott

Paddy Woods

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »

Dear customer due to a recent accident using a ladder to access a customers windows on a flat roof, I am abandoning ladders totally. I need to change to a safer method to prevent more serious accident in future
As you know I already use a water fed pole system. (but windows above extensions and locked garden gates require a ladder).

After a trip to A&E I was relieved to find I had no broken bones, but did have to take a few days of work due to my injuries.

The changes made meanmay require that you my valued customer will be sent a text message the night before to unlock your gate (if needed), as I will not risk as I need to eliminate the risk of climbing over gates.
If your gate is locked on the day of your clean then I will clean windows before your gate and charge for those windows cleaned.

If you have window(s) that require a ladder to clean e.g. Above an extension or balcony then unless I can manage to reach said window(s) with my pole system then that means I will have to miss said window(s).(I would say for the moment until I get someone to secure ladder,which may mean sometimes these windows not been cleaned on each occasion )
Another option if you are in when I call is to reach said window(s) from inside your property.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter
and please do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions.

I think most of this can be covered with a friendly chat with customer explaining your safety issues,if some don't like it your better off without them cause if you fall they prob be the persons who would roll you off their property...oh & hose the drive down of your blood  ::)roll

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 05:32:14 pm »
Yep; the window cleaners broken.
We need another.

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 06:17:14 pm »
Lee-same here bud, I'm on year 9 for some of mine.
I said words to the effect of 'you've been a customer for x years, and I don't like putting prices up but I'm sure you'll agree things have got a lot more expensive since 200x when I started cleaning for you. Instead of a price rise I thought you may benefit from a 'visit' price rather than a front only/full clean price. You're usually in, so 9/10 it won't make any difference, is that ok?'
Ask them-if they say no, least you've tried-do what you were going to anyway.
If they say yes-every single one if mine did-you're quids in.
Do ask them though-it empowers them, at the end of the day they decide to keep you coming or not...
And it's polite.
People remember polite.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.