Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Almost got blown off my ladder today - 7 floors up!
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:17:43 pm »
Cleaned a customer's battersea penthouse suite (office) today next to the London Heliport, probably the windiest I've ever worked in.

Had to press myself flat against the glass several times, grasping the window frame. Wrap around roof terrace was thankfully big enough but feels awkward being 7 floors up. Water almost flying out of the bucket!

Wfp might be an option, but it's additional hassle getting a trolley + barrels up there. Suds flying everywhere so had to do some inventive fanning, but is nice and clean again.

Usually don't get to go up to London very often, so it's one of those special jobs that I do twice a year. Nice seeing the helicopters coming in to land at eye level. One of them with fixed skid type gear had to taxi/fly in sideways through the entrance of the heliport, it was so windy. Great skill.  ;D

dazmond

Re: Almost got blown off my ladder today - 7 floors up!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:01:20 pm »
hi tim i took my girlfriend to the 5 star hotel verta down there for her birthday as she wanted to go to chelsea harbour design centre.i bet you can see it from that balcony.hotel room was right outside the helipad!fantastic hotel!highly recommended if you want to take your missus there for a dirty weekend!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i live in manchester so it was a bit of a drive!!girlfriend was happy though!! :D :D :D :D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:21:46 pm »
hi tim i took my girlfriend to the 5 star hotel verta down there for her birthday as she wanted to go to chelsea harbour design centre.i bet you can see it from that balcony.hotel room was right outside the helipad!fantastic hotel!highly recommended if you want to take your missus there for a dirty weekend!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i live in manchester so it was a bit of a drive!!girlfriend was happy though!! :D :D :D :D

regards

dazmond

Should have got the train you tight git, be there in under 2 hours!
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »
i drove down there in my 2.5 v6 cougar deeege.it cost me £100 in fuel there and back!enjoyed the drive though!i didnt get stuck in traffic either which is a miracle in london!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »
i drove down there in my 2.5 v6 cougar deeege.it cost me £100 in fuel there and back!enjoyed the drive though!i didnt get stuck in traffic either which is a miracle in london!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You are living the dream  ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »
hi tim i took my girlfriend to the 5 star hotel verta down there for her birthday as she wanted to go to chelsea harbour design centre.i bet you can see it from that balcony.hotel room was right outside the helipad!fantastic hotel!highly recommended
regards

dazmond

That's basically right on top of the helipad. Very cool.