Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

With the new Gardiner pole range and clamp, do you think facelift phoenix must R.I.P now?  ;)

yes
37.1%
33 (37.1%)
no
39.3%
35 (39.3%)
i don't know
23.6%
21 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 74

chez

Re: facelift vs Gardiner
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »
i have a phoenix 25 have to say the one thing that lets it down is where the resi neck screws on to the plastic piece that slots in the top section of pole snapped twice no pressure on it at all you cant just drill it out you have to saw 2 inches off the end thats what lets it down had to have a 30 foot pole for  work wish i had waited for gardiners now

Firefly, do you have a 25 or 26UL pole? Sounds like the Ultra-Lite section which would be the 26. Have you had an Aquadapter on the pole? Also, where/when did you purchase it from. If you can send me your details I can sort a replacement section out if this is the case or send out the extension sections to take it up to 30ft when they are released.

that sounds like good custy service , good on you  8)

Is it? Its called damage limitation. The good service is to have produced a part that wouldn't break in the first place. Despite the assurances, it would appear that there are still faulty items out in the market place.

As a user, if this was my pole, would I buy another? I doubt it.

My Gardeners sections started spinning after 4 months, does that count?

the new ones won't

Hope so, as then you can get maximum longevity out of the pole. But we were discussing products that have already been on the market as a finished product.

STEVE-UK

Re: facelift vs Gardiner
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »
I have a facelift 26UL and was also considering getting a 22slx with a 4 ft extension but this pole still works out 350-400 grams heavier than the 26UL, If the 26UL life span is as long as the gardiner poles we have had than i would say they are the choice pole at the mo