Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

Any ideas?
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:35:13 am »
Got a phone call yesterday from the guy who does my printing saying that the local pickeys had been in asking for him to print t shirts and sweaters with squeaky clean on them as they are doing drive cleaning in my area. He said that he does printing for me already and that is the same business as I do, his reply was, "so".

I know that anyone can trade under this name but these are not anyone, they are using my name and more so reputation to gain work and we all know to what standard it will be. Just a bit concerned that peoe will think its me and when the problems start happening they'll just say, "squeaky clean did it, don't use them".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

rg1

Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:25:07 am »
If you are a sole trader then someone living at the opposite end of the country can use the same name. However, if they are local to you then that is not allowed.

Having said that, I'm not sure how you should go about preventing them from using your name. The only thing I found on the internet was to register it as a 'Trade Mark'
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

easy clean

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:27:46 am »
I totally understand what your saying but they are very local to me, doing the same business too. Basically they are trying to impersonate my company as I am very well established in this area.

roundbuilder

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 10:30:59 am »
Typical pikey scum. I wouldnt worry too much jon. You have amassive customer base and a good reputation built already!. If the worse ever does happen you could always change your name and brand as annoying as that must feel.
Id imagine all will be fine though.

rg1

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 10:31:22 am »
Maybe a phone call to your local police station for some advice?
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

easy clean

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:34:14 am »
It pi55es me off that you spend years and years of hard work to build a business and these to55ers come along and can ruin it in 5 minutes!!!!

Don't think it's a legal issue and knowing the police they won't do anything

easy clean

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 10:35:31 am »
They didn't even want to get involved when a bloke reversed into my car the other day and then drove off!!!!!

Waste of time

PoleKing

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 02:59:54 pm »
How about adding a strapline.
Something like 'Squeaky Clean since 2005'
Just something to differentiate you from the pikey's.
push your website too-the pikeys may not necessarily do a bad job. If they do a good or even an ok job it may increase traffic to your site.
And/or show a picture of your face on your site, people can put a face to the business.
If you're a 6ft white guy with a 'tash and a 5ft Asian guy with a beard turns up they'll know it ain't who they thunk!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 06:20:44 pm »
Go and speak to your local trading standards about it  ??? you can go as far as someone copying text from your website so am sure using your name there would be something that could be done.
Dave.

wfp master

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »
Change your name ;D

GoodFella2006

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 11:18:40 pm »
5ft Asian guy with a beard

That would be Tosh and me  ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:09 pm »
So you're not Jim Morrison?!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 11:38:33 am »
There's nothing to stop anyone using whatever name they want unless you have registered your name - you can register it as your trading name and trade mark, costs a few hundred pounds and guarantees no-one else can use it.

The other way is to become Ltd and register the company but that only stops someone registering the same name as another Ltd company.

Register your name and Trade Mark here: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm.htm