Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt Birk

Window stickers
« on: April 24, 2013, 06:57:00 pm »
Hi,
Just wanted to ask what techniques you use for removing the new build window stickers from windows on the third floor with a pole?
Thanks

Ian Lancaster

Re: Window stickers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:02:34 pm »
Firstly make sure you charge a lot - it will be a pig of a job and the installers should have removed the stickers.

Then I guess the only practical way is to soak with a strong detergent solution and scrape with a scraper attached to the top of the pole.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:13:11 pm »
With a pole I'd follow Ian suggestions, personally I wouldn't touch them unless a cherry picker had been factored into the price!

George P

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 07:23:58 pm »
wouldnt attempt them with pole as dont think it will be good enough for the builder, if its a current customer on a single domestic i would offer to try the  pole / scraper without guaranteeing success, if its for the buillder then use there cherry picker or hire one in and add it to your bill, thye may have a forklift with a man safe on that you could be taken up in

Diamond standard ltd

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31:27 pm »
Can you go inside the house?

George P

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:36:41 pm »
Can you go inside the house?

good thinking, id forgot about that,  ;D,  most new windows are accessable (albe it a bit awkward) from inside

Stephen.C

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17:49 pm »
If its a builders clean price it and then double it. Get a cherry picker in.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com