Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

one eyed window cleaning

Re: should you get mad with custys?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 10:12:35 pm »
All you need is a good relationship with your customers!  now your customers and what they want and expect!  and give it  them it, no problem. ;-)  ??
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 07:27:04 am »
My default position is to take little nonsense from custies as "it does my head in" to use the professional term; however...

I have a long term custy from my trad days - a large bungalow set in 4 acres of Gloucestershire countryside which I cleaned at £30 every month along with their elderly mother's house at £10 a pop.

This custy is a surgeon and frankly I wouldn't want him anywhere near me as if the state of his untidy disorganised and unkempt house is anything to go by he'd probably leave half his tools inside me at the end of the op!

Anyhooooo, I stopped last year in June after 3 months non payment from custy and one month from elderly mother (who had been a prompt payer but who was now incompetant and relying on her son and d-i-l).

Anyway I knew they'd shout at some point as a similar event happened about five years ago and  I took them back and put my price up from £20 to £30 with promises from them to be better payers. They are simply completely disorganised rather than malicious.

I have passed on work there to a window repairer friend who did a great job putting in new patio door cills and repairing misty panes and who got paid immediately and my daughter cuts the hair of the females in the house with no trouble - so an unusual situation calling for a more reasoned approach.

Anyway after about eight months, Dan the Man says to me something along the lines of "heard anything from Drs' XXXXXXX? Nope says I.

Last month my daughter tells me that they have spoken to her and realise their windows haven't been paid but that the elderly mum died and they wonder how much they owe.

I'm in hissyfit mode and thinking stuff'em - irritating ingrates, grrr etc. But Dan the Man says why don't you just drop them a letter outlining the debt and sorry mum's died etc.

So I do. It's for a £100. They ignore it. Yesterday I said to DtM what a waste of time that was and that if it wasn't for them being my daughter's hairdressing clients I'd tell 'em where to go etc.

Just looked at my on line payments and they've settled the account in the sum of £100.00.  ;D

Now ... do I take 'em back on? 
It's a game of three halves!

sean mcc

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 08:05:38 am »
My default position is to take little nonsense from custies as "it does my head in" to use the professional term; however...

I have a long term custy from my trad days - a large bungalow set in 4 acres of Gloucestershire countryside which I cleaned at £30 every month along with their elderly mother's house at £10 a pop.

This custy is a surgeon and frankly I wouldn't want him anywhere near me as if the state of his untidy disorganised and unkempt house is anything to go by he'd probably leave half his tools inside me at the end of the op!

Anyhooooo, I stopped last year in June after 3 months non payment from custy and one month from elderly mother (who had been a prompt payer but who was now incompetant and relying on her son and d-i-l).

Anyway I knew they'd shout at some point as a similar event happened about five years ago and  I took them back and put my price up from £20 to £30 with promises from them to be better payers. They are simply completely disorganised rather than malicious.

I have passed on work there to a window repairer friend who did a great job putting in new patio door cills and repairing misty panes and who got paid immediately and my daughter cuts the hair of the females in the house with no trouble - so an unusual situation calling for a more reasoned approach.

Anyway after about eight months, Dan the Man says to me something along the lines of "heard anything from Drs' XXXXXXX? Nope says I.

Last month my daughter tells me that they have spoken to her and realise their windows haven't been paid but that the elderly mum died and they wonder how much they owe.

I'm in hissyfit mode and thinking stuff'em - irritating ingrates, grrr etc. But Dan the Man says why don't you just drop them a letter outlining the debt and sorry mum's died etc.

So I do. It's for a £100. They ignore it. Yesterday I said to DtM what a waste of time that was and that if it wasn't for them being my daughter's hairdressing clients I'd tell 'em where to go etc.

Just looked at my on line payments and they've settled the account in the sum of £100.00.  ;D

Yes take them back on,these type of people are so busy and paying the window cleaner is well down their list of priorities but i would imagine they would never leave a debt unpaid,dont take it to heart,its not personal. :)

C o z y

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 01:05:39 pm »
You can pick them up again as bin cleaning custies  ;D
Oh yeah true along with the other 1062 bin custies at 3.50 a time every 4 weeks  ;D

Yeah right!!  ;D ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

windiewasher

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:31 pm »
You can pick them up again as bin cleaning custies  ;D
Oh yeah true along with the other 1062 bin custies at 3.50 a time every 4 weeks  ;D
Im not bothered if you believe me but that is in a radius of 3 miles.
Yeah right!!  ;D ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

C o z y

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 01:19:56 pm »
Yeah, really pleased for you getting over 1000 bin custies in such a short time. So that's about 4K every 2 weeks then?

windiewasher

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 01:26:14 pm »
Yeah, really pleased for you getting over 1000 bin custies in such a short time. So that's about 4K every 2 weeks then?
Every 4 weeks.
Just under 4k.
First month will be paying all the canvassers.
Plan is to get 3 or 4 months payments after the first clean.
Total £  so far.

C o z y

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 01:28:18 pm »
The canvassers have got you the custies already? You haven't paid them yet?? What firm was that ?

windiewasher

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 03:20:42 pm »
The canvassers have got you the custies already? You haven't paid them yet?? What firm was that ?
They have took the first clean,just local people i know.me and 5 others.
Total £  so far.

C o z y

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 03:22:25 pm »
So have you done the first cleans yet?

windiewasher

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »
No in a couple of weeks
Total £  so far.

C o z y

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 05:27:57 pm »
Keep us posted and try not to gag at the maggots  ;D ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 05:31:56 pm »
Keep us posted and try not to gag at the maggots  ;D ;D
Will do.aslong as theres no rats.
Total £  so far.

lee_dewing

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 07:24:02 pm »

Yes Gold. but tell em everyones on standing order now (white lie) ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Dani J

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:28 pm »
Oooohh!! I love it when you come over all macho ;D

;D ;D ;D