Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Total shine cleaning services

scratch waiver
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:15 am »
Hi all

We have been asked to go onto a site where we have a contract to do once a month clean on the show homes, these were mint when we started them and we pointed out any scratches already in place prior to claning these.
At short notice they want us to clean 5 plots that have just been built prior to handover to the customers,I have told them we will need to see what condition they are in so will be up later to check these and price accordingly.
If cement and sticky residue has been left will I need a scratch waiver signed? if so can anyone help me out with this, my email is g.lauderdale@yahoo.co.uk
any help/advice gratefully recieved..!

Graham

Re: scratch waiver
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:23:22 am »
Me too please if you can help. boet1950@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »
Anyone..? Please

Graham

George P

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »
weve never had one, just cleaned carefully,maybe weve been lucky and not needed it, you will only need it for peace of mind, hope some one on here can pass one over to you,

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:52:27 pm »
I did have one but can't seem to find it.

On it was stated that we would use industry standard methods which were proven not to scratch glass. We would only take responsibility for the glass IF it had been covered with a Self Adhesive Window Protector ( http://www.protection.co.uk/products/self-adhesive-window-protector/ )
For the duration of the building work.

Added to that was a paragraph about 'Fabrication Debris' which is a fault in the manufacturing of toughened glass. As it is heated tiny particles drop back onto the glass and when you apply a scrapper to it it chips the top off the 'debris' and 'scratches' the glass.

I ruined 3 hugh patio doors because of this!!
If the window protector is on however there is no need for a scraper.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 10:00:04 pm »
Cheers guys

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »
e-mail sent might be of some use

paul

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:27:11 am »
to all the lads that have emailed, thank you very much, well appreciated..!

Graham