Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

Gutter Cleaning Pics
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:15:32 pm »
Today we had to hire a CTE Z 21JH to clean this tiny piece of guttering.

Hope they are happy!

Blast Away

Re: Gutter Cleaning Pics
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:35:22 pm »
Nice and easy that with a pole.

Darranvps

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »
We used water fed poles from the ground on the rest of the building.
But that one piece - had to be accessed with a MEWP - more expensive to hire the machine than clean the rest of the building.

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:17 pm »
What I would have done with that Darren,

Gutter vac bend on one end near end cap sucking and HP pole with a fan nozzle on swivel angled down, revs dropped, low flow and wash towards gutter vac bend.

This is from the assumption your first image with next to nothing in is the before image. If moss clumps then gutter vac the lot.

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:48 pm »
I think I would have got that done with the vac and cleaned with the little washer and power pole. I might be wrong though. I'm now using 40mm carbon poles now and they are a pleasure after the omni alloy poles

Darranvps

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »
What I would have done with that Darren,

Gutter vac bend on one end near end cap sucking and HP pole with a fan nozzle on swivel angled down, revs dropped, low flow and wash towards gutter vac bend.

This is from the assumption your first image with next to nothing in is the before image. If moss clumps then gutter vac the lot.

You wouldn't get near it with a gutter vac - we have three machines each with 48ft steel tubes.

There wasn't hardly anything in the gutter when I got up there - the main job was washing the green off the outside surfaces - which i did with my trusty wfp from within the cage.

We have done Thousands of properties all over the South East for local authorities - Gutter Cleaning and UPVC cleaning on housing stock including houses and apartment blocks - this one was only three storeys but somebody built a house on the gable end - so we needed the mewp to go up and over in this case. We do that many we nearly always use WFP rather than pressure washing - as we wouldnt be able to carry enough water if pressure washing them and quickly use 1000 ltrs when using WFP!

The mewp was virtually brand new so I decided to go out to work for a change rather than being a boring office boy!
Must say I enjoyed it!

Darranvps

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »
I think I would have got that done with the vac and cleaned with the little washer and power pole. I might be wrong though. I'm now using 40mm carbon poles now and they are a pleasure after the omni alloy poles

If you had poles that could reach up and over 60ft you could have!

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 10:28:51 pm »
I did say I might have been wrong  ::)roll  Do you really live in Ashford ?

Darranvps

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:27 pm »
Hi
Yes I do live in Ashford close to JCT 10 M20 - just moved here last October
I was in Dover Saturday taking a peek around to see if anything is exciting for me to clean there.

Darranvps

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:50 pm »
I did say I might have been wrong  ::)roll  Do you really live in Ashford ?

How good are the Carbon poles - I keep thinking my lads would trash them - so I leave them with the steel ones

BDCS

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 11:06:11 pm »
Steel ? I really like these ones over the alloy tubes but I do treat mine with real care and they are so light to lift from the ground.
Jct 10 is the hospital one, my mate has his unit behind auto glass - Pierce precision if you ever need anything made.
Did you find anything that really warrents any attention in Dover besides the immigrant problem  :'( I'm just outside Dover in St Margarets.

Darranvps

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 05:55:37 am »
Steel ? I really like these ones over the alloy tubes but I do treat mine with real care and they are so light to lift from the ground.
Jct 10 is the hospital one, my mate has his unit behind auto glass - Pierce precision if you ever need anything made.
Did you find anything that really warrents any attention in Dover besides the immigrant problem  :'( I'm just outside Dover in St Margarets.
What height do your poles reach.

I went up to Sandwich - I once quoted one of the pfizer buildings whilst under construction - looks empty now!

Lasy job we did in Dover was a re fit clean for spec savers in 2010

I have no problem with any body coming to work in our country as long as they WORK! After all who would open shops late, clean the london underground etc etc if there were no foreign workers coming here?

nice-n-white.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 07:03:57 pm »
Apart from your water fed pole do you  use any cleaning type chemicals to make it nice.
Craig Slight from nice-n-white will help you out,if not, know a man who can.

Darranvps

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:07 pm »
Apart from your water fed pole do you  use any cleaning type chemicals to make it nice.

It depends most of the time just purified water
occaisionaly a bit of hypo - sometime Virosol
And tons of Ever Build UPVC cleaner both solvent and cream.

I varies from county to county and town to town - probably many factors involved - age of UPVC - last time (if ever) it was cleaned.