Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste M

Re: price please
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2013, 07:32:16 pm »

Let's say windy A lives in Sunderland. His house cost him £40,000 and he is paying £200 per month mortgage. Windy B lives in Redhill. His house cost him £220,000. His mortgage costs him £1,000 per month. Now who is likely to need to earn more to meet his living costs? Who is likely to have to pay more for EVERYTHing that is labour based? So the WC in Redhill pays more for his car servicing, his plumbing, vegetables, meat.... EVERYTHING. If he charged what the Sunderland WC charged he would need to work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, but even then he would probably not earn enough. He would need to resort to petty theft to survive.

So those that shout "rip off" are making themselves look silly.

My house in liverpool cost me 230k. You said I could buy a whole street in liverpool for £300. Who. Looks silly now :)

roundbuilder

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »
I can honestly say that id charge£10 front or £15 f+b. i pick up this type of work every week from canvassing. Its down to having the balls to have a min price and sticking to it. I touch nothing less than £10 these days as i know im worth £2.50 a week to keep the customers happy not because im selfish or nieve, just because i can. £2.50-£3 a week to keep there windows clean and house looking well maintained with frames and seals all looking bish bosh is peanuts. I do 1 bed flats and still get £15 f+b. have a price and stick to it.

Steve Sed

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »

Let's say windy A lives in Sunderland. His house cost him £40,000 and he is paying £200 per month mortgage. Windy B lives in Redhill. His house cost him £220,000. His mortgage costs him £1,000 per month. Now who is likely to need to earn more to meet his living costs? Who is likely to have to pay more for EVERYTHing that is labour based? So the WC in Redhill pays more for his car servicing, his plumbing, vegetables, meat.... EVERYTHING. If he charged what the Sunderland WC charged he would need to work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, but even then he would probably not earn enough. He would need to resort to petty theft to survive.

My house in liverpool cost me 230k. You said I could buy a whole street in liverpool for £300. Who. Looks silly now :)
I ddn't say your street.  ::)roll

As I am from Liverpool I probably know more about Liverpool than you do about Newbury.

windiewasher

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

+1 like
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Joe Martin

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2013, 08:12:57 pm »
Oh and Matt... Oakley window cleaning. Good bloke.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »

Frankybadboy

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2013, 08:22:33 pm »
course all you lot must be vat reg charging these prices. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

either that or you dont work every day

some of you really do make i laugh and i just find it so funny reading the balls on here.

next your all be on the sale it section buying second hand poles ;D ;D ;D ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2013, 08:28:47 pm »

some of you really do make i laugh and i just find it so funny reading the balls on here.

+1
They like to make themselves feel important really they are trawling the streets with hand written leaflets offering window cleaning for £5 a house.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Steve Sed

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »

+1
They like to make themselves feel important really they are trawling the streets with hand written leaflets offering window cleaning for £5 a house.
Or in your case £8 with your wife's business on the other side.  ;D ;)

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »

next your all be on the sale it section buying second hand poles ;D ;D ;D ;D there r a lot of window cleaners who would charge £50 for a house that size
+1
Or in your case £8 with your wife's business on the other side.  ;D ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2013, 08:54:39 pm »
New business. Standalone, more than half a mile from the next job.

£13 monthly
£15 every other time

If two or three together

£11 monthly
£13 EoT

Compact group of five plus
£10
£12.50

Minimum charge £10

It's a game of three halves!

sean mcc

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:59 pm »
Hi Gold
     So if you just get one customer to start with,then as the weeks go by you get another 4 do you drop the price down to £10 for your first customer.
 Thanks Sean

gavinb

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2013, 10:48:36 pm »
£3.75 for 4 weekly .
Are you joking? i hope you do!

Ok £4 just to round it off I don't like walking round with pockets full of change .

ben M

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »
£3.75 for 4 weekly .
Are you joking? i hope you do!

Ok £4 just to round it off I don't like walking round with pockets full of change .

;D ;D ;D

Joe Martin

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »

Yep VAT registered and Limited, don't do second hand.

lee andrew

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »
£15 all day long windows, frames, sills and doors