Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roger Oakley

Blastaway-Rust
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:02:24 am »
Lee

How did you get on with the Tensid samples for the rust problem on concrete pad?
Couldn't find the old topic to ask on  :-\

Blast Away

Re: Blastaway-Rust
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:53:01 am »
Hi Roger,

We hadn't been to the concrete pad in question at the time of the samples arrival and I ended up using the sample to try on other surfaces. Rust stain on render which it didn't budge. Used on aluminium chequer plate and it works but no other paving with rust we came across and now the sample has gone. Apart from the render I thought it was a good chem.
I picked up 1kg of oxalic yesterday and we'll be back on Monday at the place with the concrete loading bay to try it on, this time I'll try a stronger mix.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »
On render I think most stuff will struggle, esp with the iron/metal framed stuff.
What did they send you?

Re the Oxalic 1kg is not a lot really, but for that pad I would try the 1kg to 5-10lts of water, this would be a strong mix, but should brighten/whiten the pad dwell it for around 20-30 mins

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »
Cheers Roger, will do it Monday and even put images up.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »
Lee

Use that bucket that was being passed round the bus on Friday night ;D - Did you have a good night? :P :P :P :P

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 05:48:20 pm »
Lee

Use that bucket that was being passed round the bus on Friday night ;D - Did you have a good night? :P :P :P :P

Rob ;D

Hahaha. One idiot got on his knees to pi$$ in it rather than lift it up to his tackle, ended up with wet knees as others had hit the floor before him. Just got back a couple of hours ago mate. We did 2 nights there. Here's my fancy dress for last night

;D

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »
This was the bus, they're from Stoke.

Blast Away

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 07:15:42 pm »
Roger, I mixed 5 litres water in with 1kg today, stirred up in bucket and went back to it 10 mins later and it hadn't dissolved. It settled to the bottom, so I knocked it up again and poured out over the concrete. 45 mins later no effect after washing the surface.

I've done something wrong haven't I?  ;D

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 07:19:54 pm »

Roger Oakley

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:27 pm »
Roger, I mixed 5 litres water in with 1kg today, stirred up in bucket and went back to it 10 mins later and it hadn't dissolved. It settled to the bottom, so I knocked it up again and poured out over the concrete. 45 mins later no effect after washing the surface.

I've done something wrong haven't I?  ;D

Oxalic & Citric both need warm water to help it dissolve, better to spray on also.
I have read the bee-keeper site Carl, what's the long & short of it?

BDCS

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:22:16 pm »
I keep bees - just amused me that we pour oxyalic over the bees and use the same chemical to clean rust stains. I suppose phosphoric is the same - you should see how much is used in cola in hard water areas and what it does to the syrup room floors