Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Angela Fletcher

Newbie seeking advice from the professionals
« on: December 16, 2013, 09:21:22 pm »
Hi All,

I'm new to the industry & just starting to put my business together - I'm hoping to get some advice and draw on your combined years of experience :)

I'm 24 & after years of zero contract jobs & no real source of income I've decided to enter the world of professional carpet cleaning. I've attended the NCCA course & bought myself a second-hand Alltec Professional Plus.  Thing is that the chemicals look like a minefield & I'm not sure what are the best products to buy & from where... I'd be ever so grateful if you could give me the benefit of hour experience - what do you prefer to use & why, what sort of price vs coverage & who are the best suppliers?

Thanks in advance :)

Robin Ray

Re: Newbie seeking advice from the professionals
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:09:40 pm »
I think restoremate have one of the largest range of different products so it will turn out most economical to buy from there.
I personally stick to prochem and chemspec and craftex products as they work. I am however giving cleansmart chems ago soon.

A lot of people love solutions chems and they do a good trial pack. I personally dont get on with them though.

All the best in your new venture.

Rob

Angela Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:18:20 pm »
Thanks Rob -really appreciate you taking time to respond. I'll check out the ones you've mentioned :)

evercleanindia

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 05:26:50 am »
Robin thanks for your ideas... i will also try to implement it. This forum is great its helping a lot thanks everyone. Keep posting
House cleaning service in Coimbatore
evercleanindia

Andy Messias

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 03:25:57 pm »
I also use a lot of the cleansmart chems, I personally find their Orange X and Split X are excellent and when mixed together work very well on badly soiled carpets. I also use some of the Solutions products from time to time and find that their M power works especially well in situations where theres an odour problem.
Adventure Before Dementia.

jim mca

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 10:37:09 pm »
Angela

Well done on going on a good course to start with I would talk to john Kelly (restormate) and get a good advice on what you need to have to start with then you can try different chems and compare everyone has there own preferences so you just need a starting point.

from edge2edge

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 09:02:59 am »
Morning My advice would be to put a picture of yourself on all your advertising looking clean and smart uniform always helps) and plug the fact you are a female as the job we do  usually. means going into clients .homes so use what you have to make them feel comfortable with you.Regards Alan