Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john stracey

shading film on windows
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:43 pm »
picked up a new custy this week with a large connie out the back, which has had a shading film  stuck on the outside of the windows, never seen this before in 12 years window cleaning, when i cleaned it wfp it did'nt seem dirty at all so was dead easy to clean  anybody else cleaned this before don't want to damage it with me brush

Llaaww

Re: shading film on windows
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:21:38 pm »
I cleaned a showroom for about 3 years (before losing it  >:( ). They had glare screen fitted to the outside of the upper windows.

Over 3 yrs we scratched the crap out of it. I would suggest being very careful in case you get blamed for scratches.

I was lucky, there was no comeback, but others may see an opportunity to kick up a fuss.
if it is dirty it is fair game

stuart mc

Re: shading film on windows
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:26:38 pm »
I cleaned a showroom for about 3 years (before losing it  >:( ). They had glare screen fitted to the outside of the upper windows.

Over 3 yrs we scratched the crap out of it. I would suggest being very careful in case you get blamed for scratches.

I was lucky, there was no comeback, but others may see an opportunity to kick up a fuss.

it scratches even if you do it trad as well, agreed be careful, soft brush a must I would think