Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

leaflets chrisoleary
« on: February 12, 2006, 02:06:42 pm »
hi chris how are things, are you up and running..did you any business from your leaflet drop, im looking for the right flyer template to design my own ,but struggling.
gazza.

CMS

Re: leaflets chrisoleary
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:16:52 pm »
Have you got MS Publisher. I make some lovely trifold leaflets with that.

geefree

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:16:29 am »
YES JUST HAVING A GO NOW CHEERS, CANT GET IT TO PRINT 2 ON ONE A4 THO.

CMS

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:41:54 am »
The trifold leaflets are lovely. You print both sides and fold them.

geefree

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 12:28:51 pm »
hi chris,, searched for the but cant find them,

chrisoleary

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 01:53:04 pm »
Hi gazza, I have so far only made very simple flyers on 1/2 A4 sheet. I have posted around 1000 over the last couple of weeks myself with no sucess yet and was wondering if the quality of the leaflets is what is letting me down. I do not have m/soft publisher but was wondering if a trip to the local printers would help.
power2clean...patios...driveways...block paving...decking...garden furniture...power2clean...Cumbria.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 10:24:53 am »
hi chris would be worth it even just to price them up, thats what i intend to do, and then deliver them myself

gazza

Ged

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 04:35:09 pm »

D & P printers 10000 full colour leaflets for £113 on 80gsm paper. they have stock designs or you can send them your own

Speak with Mark on
Shop: 244a Spring Bank Hull, HU3 1LU
Telephone:01482 325919 Fax:01482 210245 Mobile:07738 224 199
Email:info@promptprinthull.co.uk

Regards

Ged

geefree

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 11:44:48 pm »
thanks ged, thats a great price, what do you think with chris getting no response from a thousand leaflets, i dont think he should worry too much, the percentage of response from drops is less than 1% and that is tops, looked into it, but its still the second most effective way of generating business, the most effective seems to favour word of mouth, but leaflets are excellent for placing your name about and gaining recognition as well as generating business,.....so, ged, as you know , chris and i are just starting on this venture, can you please give any advice on paying to deliver,how do we know they have delivered, and what do you think of asking a local news agent to pop them in each daily paper, or a local kid to deliver as he goes about his paper round, as an additional way not as a replacement...

cheers
gazza.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 11:46:14 pm »
god that was long lol

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 01:51:13 am »
Gary I pay 300 for 10,000 and mines do work got to put them in the right places though double sided full colour etc,tried the white a4 on my printer cheap but no responses, the ones I use included design fee's and all the rest delivered to my door, still think you get what you pay for only my opinion
Malky
Power Wash,polish & shine

Ged

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 07:15:35 am »
For me by far the best way to get work is to go back in the evening or weekend and cold call prospective customers. ask them if they got your leaflet. tell them what you do , be professional in manner and appearance and friendly.this really works if you stick at it and can put up with a lot of rejection. personally i hate cold calling, for me leaflets have been very dissapointing with very poor take up. however this year i'm using professionally produced leaflets and will see how it goes. advert in the local free press each fortnight produced most of my work last year but it's expensive but very effective if placed at the right time ie from march onwards. thats just my experience, others will have found different methods work.

Regards Ged