Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Gardiner ez pure dripping John guest fittings.
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »
I've just installed my ez pure di can carbon filter today, but I have got a drip from 1 end of each cartridge where the john guest fitting pushes in. I though the John guest fittings were leak proof? Is there anything the can be put in the stem to stop it dripping?

R.C Property

Re: Gardiner ez pure dripping John guest fittings.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20:34 pm »
might seem silly but
1 are the pushed right in tight,
2 what is the pressure like? if low it can sometime cause a little leak
3 take them out wipe to see if any dirt on them and re fit them

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:02 pm »
Pushed in fully and using a booster pump.  ???

All the fittings are new and clean. It's only 2 that are leaking out of 14 connections.

R.C Property

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:31:56 pm »
Pushed in fully and using a booster pump.  ???

All the fittings are new and clean. It's only 2 that are leaking out of 14 connections.

oh right, thats always the first things we always check with push fit,
could just be some faulty connectors,

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:46:28 pm »
Is it leaking from where the tube pushes into the fitting? Or is it leaking from where the John Guest fitting screws into the body of the housing?

If it is from the tube where it pushes into the fitting then the first thing to check is that the end of the tube is not damaged. Remove it cut off about 2cm and then refit. Make sure it is pushed in fully.

If it is from where the John Guest fitting screws into the housing then unscrew it wrap some PTFE tape around the screw thread and refit.

Email me if this does not work.

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 07:52:04 pm »
Is it leaking from where the tube pushes into the fitting? Or is it leaking from where the John Guest fitting screws into the body of the housing?

If it is from the tube where it pushes into the fitting then the first thing to check is that the end of the tube is not damaged. Remove it cut off about 2cm and then refit. Make sure it is pushed in fully.

If it is from where the John Guest fitting screws into the housing then unscrew it wrap some PTFE tape around the screw thread and refit.

Email me if this does not work.

thanks alex. its not coming from the thread, but from the stem that pushes in to it. on both of the ones that are leaking, ive have got the 90 deg stem, the tube then goes into that.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:37:25 pm »
Sounds like the O rings must be damaged. If your remove the stem elbow and take a look inside you may see a sign of damage.

I will arrange for you to have 2x new John Guest screw-in fittings sent out to you.

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 08:45:56 pm »
Sounds like the O rings must be damaged. If your remove the stem elbow and take a look inside you may see a sign of damage.

I will arrange for you to have 2x new John Guest screw-in fittings sent out to you.

its both ends of the disposable pre-filter that are leaking and they don't have the removable john guest fitting. can the o rings be replace?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »

its both ends of the disposable pre-filter that are leaking and they don't have the removable john guest fitting. can the o rings be replace?

Hi Lee

They can be removed and replaced - with your fingers you can pull the grey collet off the fitting and the locking part and O ring will come out. I will get replacements sorted for you. You could always 'borrow' another O ring from another fitting to check that it is the O ring and not the cartridge fitting itself.

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »

Hi Lee

They can be removed and replaced - with your fingers you can pull the grey collet off the fitting and the locking part and O ring will come out. I will get replacements sorted for you. You could always 'borrow' another O ring from another fitting to check that it is the O ring and not the cartridge fitting itself.

i will try that, ive got a couple of spare JG fittings, i will swap them over san see what happens.