Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikeyfaerosyth

Re: Got a leave it today !
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:39 pm »
What I don't understand why do cleaners go out when there is snow or ice one the floor if you are wfp as you are leaving water behind that will be a hazard

snow or ice is water      THINK about it,also as long as its not on the doorstep then its not an issue,customers may walk to the shop and slip on ice or snow,whos to blame then?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »
Well I worked Tuesday/Weds and today. About 4/5 hours a day.

I thought I would work and that if a custy said not today cuz of the ice then I would take the hit as the weather has been pretty acute.

D'you know? ... not one custy said "not today" - in fact this morning I was on top of a hill in Gloucestershire, dragging warm hose through about three inches of snow in this custy's back garden in glorious sunshine looking over the Severn and I thought "this is the best job in the world - dressed for the weather, glowing warm in the sun, fresh air and I'm getting paid good money ... "

Luvly!
It's a game of three halves!

Dora Jarr

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 09:58:34 pm »
Did you have the brazier warmed up with chestnuts cooking up?

lee_dewing

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:21 pm »
that ski jacket will be too hot to wear in the summer when its raining to keep you dry!!

Yeh, i'l have to bite the bullet and get something water proof for spring summer.

What's your gortex jacket Daz? name/make any links.

Sports direct is great for workwear. Use to like englebert strauss, their stuff's top draw but pricey it does last though.

Yep weather is warming up saturday  ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

KS Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 11:52:29 pm »
Had one say"miss me out today the wee one is sleeping"  >:(Wonder if she stops the bin lorry from reversing up the cul de sac  "because the wee one is sleeping"

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 12:31:39 am »
Had one say"miss me out today the wee one is sleeping"  >:(Wonder if she stops the bin lorry from reversing up the cul de sac  "because the wee one is sleeping"

yeah cos the brush or squegee is so noisy on the glass ffs

reminds me off a woman I used to clean for ... she started giving me the "babys asleep so leave it this time" ... big house full of glass lots of windows but near busy main road so got filthy and needed doing monthly .... so went 1 day and got the baby routine so said which is his window as I will do all of em but that 1 ................ she cancelled me for good ... some people

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 06:16:32 am »
Never had a custy turn me away some are just amazed i am out and cleaning windows standing in a foot of snow in their garden  ;D ;D ;D. Mike

lee_dewing

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 01:25:13 pm »
I like it when they say it's too cold to have the windows done ;D

Who's cleaning em.

You or them?
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle