Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Brannon

Non leak Hose fittings
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:10:05 am »
Hi All

saw Ian Lancasters thread about rectus fittings and thought I'd let you know what we've been using for a couple of years now .

They're air line couplings from Drapers
 water - tight and very robust .

Click on the link for their web site and search for air line coupling with tail piece.

This can be O- ring crimped or jubilee clipped onto your hose and then the male connector pushed into the end of your pole hose.

This is a tight fit but if you soak your pole hose end in boiling water for a few minutes it will stretch over the connector quite easily and forms a water tight fit.

Push the two together and hey presto - a very robust and non leak fitting.

http://www.drapertoolbox.co.uk/draper-air-line-couplings

Good luck all

Simon

Richard iSparkle

Re: Non leak Hose fittings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:21:22 am »
hi,

this is really useful info thanks.

what size coupling do you need for standard garden hose?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Simon Brannon

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:25:57 am »
Not too sure Rich but if you measure the internal diameter of the hose you should be able to work out the best fit.

I tend to get mine from the local motor factors so you can see what you're buying.

Simon

paul saunders

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:54 am »
They're drapers equivalent of rectus 19 or pcl .
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:09 am »
It looks a lot like Retus 19 but it might be larger, But thanks anyway. I find the larger fitting last longer.
I must say very good prices if you buy pack of 4 or 3.Well down.

Simon Brannon

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »
Hi lads

yes they're much sturdier than the rectus fittings so they last ages.

they are obviously a bit heavier but that doesn't matter and at this time of year with freezing temps. good for not leaking while you're working

Simon

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:41 pm »
yes they're much sturdier than the rectus fittings so they last ages.

they are obviously a bit heavier but that doesn't matter and at this time of year with freezing temps. good for not leaking while you're working
Hi Simon,

When you say they're sturdier than Rectus fittings, are you comparing with Rectus 19?  As Paul Saunders said, they look exactly like the Rectus 19s which are pretty heavy and sturdy (bigger than the R21s).

I took a photo comparing them once, I'll see if I can find it later.

Paul

Simon Brannon

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 01:59:57 pm »
Hi Paul

not sure but it may well have been the 21's I had years ago.

Just know these are really rugged .

simon

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:21 pm »
I took a photo comparing them once, I'll see if I can find it later.

Found it.  Left to right, Rectus 19, Rectus 21, Rectus 26:

Paul

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:56 pm »
Great picture Paul,,, says it all really doesnt it.

This thread and Ians has been great. we get through 21,s in a month or 2. those 19,s look bomb proof
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

stevieg

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:58 pm »
Why do you get through so many.  I drill a golf ball and put it over the tail and hose.this lifts it off the floor and has the added benefit of being a bit easier to use when pushing the fittings together.

A-W-C

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12:06 pm »
These are the BEST on the market by far nothing else comes close,they are solid and robust and best of all they have sprung loaded shut off nipples in each male and female connector so no water comes out ones disconnected i have been using the for 10 years and only replaced them once,
they maybe more expensive than others but you get what you pay for quality and last years

The first link is the male and second link is the female

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prochem-Male-Quick-Release-Solution-Hose-Connector-/160665778244?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item25686d3844

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prochem-Female-Quick-Release-Solution-Hose-Connector-/130588189413?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1e67a9a2e5

R.C Property

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:27 pm »
i have tried some of the cheaper air line ones that are like the rectus.

after a while i found they went rusty and kept pulling apart, then you couldnt get them back together again.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 11:57:15 pm »
Why do you get through so many.  I drill a golf ball and put it over the tail and hose.this lifts it off the floor and has the added benefit of being a bit easier to use when pushing the fittings together.

the simple answer is.............. staff dont treat equipment like you do...fact
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dave.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 08:59:21 am »
I've been using the plastic ones from aquadapter for a few months now - absolutely no drips.
They are not as strong as steel so I've got them all protected with a drilled practice golf ball, the female almost fits right into the ball so is very well protected.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:11 am »
The Rectus 19 type (Draper etc) were not designed for water use and although they are very robust they do not have the same flow rates and performance that the Rectus 26 range has. They also can suffer from corrision with extended use. The 26 range have been designed for water flow rates and offer a very robust and reliable connection and if good quality ones are bought do not have any corroding components ensuring a long and reliable life-cycle. The 26 range are also much easier to disconnect than the 19 range.

Personally I still prefer the Rectus 21 type (the small ones above) which are the worlds most widely sold couplings. The fact that they are so compact and light for me is a winner every time. They are very easy to disconnect which, particularly in the cold, is important to me.

As long as they're used along with a protection ball type device they last for a good length of time - I have these on both the female and the male side. I always replace the male when I replace the female and find that they give a leak free life for usually at least 6 months.

Pro-Poler

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »
I have had a 26 for months no jamming excellent