Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

Tried This Today
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:56:45 pm »
Ok

So got out and got a good days (well good1/2 day in  ;D) work in... roads ok estates a bit slushy and slidy but otherwise ok to ge somework done..

First house was a first clean...  custies just moved in not long ago

Cleaing back wndow notice that gutters are manky ( i haven't done any gutters etc before.. just stick to windows)  ... so as i'm cleaning away... I start costing the price for cleaning... so as a test i clean not even 1/2 meter of gutter just to see how much elbow grease is involved ( the gutter is a P O P to reach etc... both front and back)..before i decide what i would charge... 

anyways... finish the windows custy pays at this point i give her the gutter clean pitch direct her to the test clean area... and give her the price (valid till 31st March)..

Job booked for next time around..

So i go to next house same script but highlight the fact all this melting snow etc when it goes gutters will look manky... blah blah may want to consider. having them spruced up..(again valid before march 31st)..

Job booked for 8 weeks time ( clean after next)....

Next house no one home but posted the paymet slip through ... with the same script  refer them to the test area andwrite the price on the slip... phone call job booked...

So a good day

Anyone else done this??? 

I'm thinking a sthis weather starts to lift and snow does one peoples guttes etc.. are manky... and the test area seems to sell the job... well at least it has today.. ;D   

LBWCS

Re: Tried This Today
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »
nice one! Was thinking of having some advertising of other services I do on the back of my payment slips. Anybody had success with this or have any examples?

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:15 pm »
IVE DONE THIS MYSELF BUT NEVER GOT ANYWHERE SO EACH TIME I WENT BACK ID DO ANOTHER METRE 6 CLEANS LATER THERE GUTTER WAS CLEAN ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Steve Sed

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:34:24 pm »
Must be mad to pitch for gutters. If asked I will do them, but they can be very hard work. Especially ove a conservatory.

shina

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:41:28 pm »
Must be mad to pitch for gutters. If asked I will do them, but they can be very hard work. Especially ove a conservatory.
but well paid

Paul H

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

Thats why ive i  only targetted the ones that where a P o P..

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »
We do this all the time  ;D ;D
If the gutters look manky we clean a bit and point it out to the custy!
I dont personally clean them out thats Andis job I just do the quote and book them in for him lol
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »

you have lost me whats P o P
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Hamster

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:10 pm »
Piece of urine

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42:33 pm »
Ok

So got out and got a good days (well good1/2 day in  ;D) work in... roads ok estates a bit slushy and slidy but otherwise ok to ge somework done..

First house was a first clean...  custies just moved in not long ago

Cleaing back wndow notice that gutters are manky ( i haven't done any gutters etc before.. just stick to windows)  ... so as i'm cleaning away... I start costing the price for cleaning... so as a test i clean not even 1/2 meter of gutter just to see how much elbow grease is involved ( the gutter is a P O P to reach etc... both front and back)..before i decide what i would charge...  

anyways... finish the windows custy pays at this point i give her the gutter clean pitch direct her to the test clean area... and give her the price (valid till 31st March)..

So i go to next house same script but highlight the fact all this melting snow etc when it goes gutters will look manky... blah blah may want to consider. having them spruced up..(again valid before march 31st)..

Next house no one home but posted the paymet slip through ... with the same script  refer them to the test area andwrite the price on the slip... phone call job booked...

So a good day

Anyone else done this???  

I'm thinking a sthis weather starts to lift and snow does one peoples guttes etc.. are manky... and the test area seems to sell the job... well at least it has today.. ;D  

I hope you haven't forgotton my cut.  ;)

Make sure they understand that it is a outside clean and doesn't include emptying the gutters.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Steve Sed

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »
but well paid

What do you charge / how do you price?

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:22:52 pm »

Nice one Paul they are easy money if you get the right ones i use a good  APC which has  optical brightners in then spray with  a good spray bottle with the jet with mine i can spray from the ground .

Comes up shiny bright i have done 4 bed detached houses all 4 sides within 2 hrs at £80 its easy money. Mike

Paul H

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

Nice one Paul they are easy money if you get the right ones i use a good  APC which has  optical brightners in then spray with  a good spray bottle with the jet with mine i can spray from the ground .

Comes up shiny bright i have done 4 bed detached houses all 4 sides within 2 hrs at £80 its easy money. Mike

Cheers Mike , i havent really looked at chems / products pre spray methods etc... i just thought hmmm i'll give this a whirl with the pole brush and the pure... .  came up good for the whole 10secs i spent on the test area... so confident the rest will come up the same..

Paul H

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
Ok

So got out and got a good days (well good1/2 day in  ;D) work in... roads ok estates a bit slushy and slidy but otherwise ok to ge somework done..

First house was a first clean...  custies just moved in not long ago

Cleaing back wndow notice that gutters are manky ( i haven't done any gutters etc before.. just stick to windows)  ... so as i'm cleaning away... I start costing the price for cleaning... so as a test i clean not even 1/2 meter of gutter just to see how much elbow grease is involved ( the gutter is a P O P to reach etc... both front and back)..before i decide what i would charge...  

Next house no one home but posted the paymet slip through ... with the same script  refer them to the test area andwrite the price on the slip... phone call job booked...

So a good day

Anyone else done this???  

I hope you haven't forgotton my cut.  ;)

Make sure they understand that it is a outside clean and doesn't include emptying the gutters.

spruce .. yeah for defo mate outsides only ... i make it clear its cleaning NOT clearing!