Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cointra gas water heater reveiw from Amazone
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:06:22 pm »

I finally managed to test the cointra CMB-5b I bought recently, although it does not come with propane regulator and really requires professional installation, the amateur can just about manage with a bit of  backstreet engineering. I bought a refillable gas bottle, filled it with LPG using a filling kit mounted in a ford connect. and visited the local Morissons LPG / AUTOGAS pump to fill it up for significantly reduced rate. I hooked this gas bottle with a 29mbar regulator to the CMB-5b, connected the water via a hose pipe tap connector and a 1/2 inch water pipe. They`re all 1/2 inch connectors, including the gas which is tricky with a gas bottle hence the professional installation suggestion if you don`t know what you're doing. When all the nuts were tight I turned on the water at the tap and it clicks like a big Combi boiler and fires up like a proper champ producing instant hot water. It cuts off too if there`s not enough air flow at the flue which is nice to know works well even on a bench (in my kitchen for testing)which is designed to stop people gassing themselves. All in all, ITS AMAZING it works a treat. 
This was taken from Amazon Website.
 I am expecting it any day now Comming from a Factory in Spain ( Not China) , so the build quality should be better and has a 2 warranty.

Dave Willis

Re: Cointra gas water heater reveiw from Amazone
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17:13 pm »
Half inch gas fittings  ???
Normally have a barbed end for rubber gas pipe. Has it got the 20min cut off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Aco9JtgoU   is that a fire suit by the back door?  ???

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:10:29 pm »
      As I am still waiting for my unit to come I cannot answer that question, but will revive this thread when I have the answers.I would think they will all have a cutout of some sort. This is a safety feature> I know of a few who have disengaged the o.m.e on the heat exchanger and have the heater get so hot it melts so of the plastic ports.
       I would not use a heater that`s been modified in this way as you might in the back of a customers home while your van is burning out in the street. Be safe its more important to me.
 Thanks for the You Tube link Dave. Some food for thought as far as the air intake goes. I will be fitting this water heater to the back door of my van to make sure the water heater gets enough air.  I have found not setting your heat to high will prevent the O.M.E heating up to quickly and switching off the heater.The 20 minutes is not a setting  a point of the heat reaching a hot point  and switching off the water heater as a safety precaution.
I hope this will be of help to you.  :D :D

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 06:16:04 pm »
Not much - dunno what O.M.E is ???

I have a fogwash but am on the lookout for a replacement should it fail in future.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 06:20:59 pm »

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:54:30 pm »
By the way the chap in the video is not me. ;D ;D ;D ;D