Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevemc

factory cleaning quote
« on: February 10, 2006, 02:31:16 pm »
I have been asked to quote for daily cleaning of a factory which runs 24/7, 363 days a year.

To start with it is a 12-month contract, there are plenty of offices to clean and they are done from 5.30pm – 10pm.

The main work is the 12 main large toilet blocks, which need cleaning at the end of each shift, 3 times a day and they get covered in grease.

The smoke rooms and staff rest areas need cleaning twice a day.

Over the weekend just one part of the factory is open.

At present it is being cleaned by one of the national companies, with only 2 people, which means that not all of the work has been carried out and what is, is sub-standard, as they cannot get any other staff.

I was thinking total weekly hours 171 at £14 - £18 per hour, two people working AM and two people working PM and weekends 1 working AM and 1 working PM.

The company are supplying hand towels/soap/toilet roll, so we just need to supply general cleaning products and equipment i.e. vacuums, mops etc.

We have the staff which is not a problem covering the shifts.

Is the above price low/high?

thanks steve

CMS

Re: factory cleaning quote
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 04:53:04 pm »
I can't comment on the hours because I haven't seen it but the price (per hour) is much too high.

You should aim for your wage bill to be somewhere between 57% and 65% of the charge i.e. if you are paying £5.70 per hour you should charge £10.00 per hour (see the cost calculator on our website).

If it's being cleaned by one of the 'nationals' I would guess that the margins are narrower than that so even charging £10.00 per hour you would need to sell it on service not on price.

Good luck.

stevemc

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:04:16 pm »
I have been asked to quote for daily cleaning of a factory which runs 24/7, 363 days a year.

To start with it is a 12-month contract, there are plenty of offices to clean and they are done from 5.30pm – 10pm.

The main work is the 12 main large toilet blocks, which need cleaning at the end of each shift, 3 times a day and they get covered in grease.

The smoke rooms and staff rest areas need cleaning twice a day.

Over the weekend just one part of the factory is open.

At present it is being cleaned by one of the national companies, with only 2 people, which means that not all of the work has been carried out and what is, is sub-standard, as they cannot get any other staff.

I was thinking total weekly hours 171 at £14 - £18 per hour, two people working AM and two people working PM and weekends 1 working AM and 1 working PM.

The company are supplying hand towels/soap/toilet roll, so we just need to supply general cleaning products and equipment i.e. vacuums, mops etc.

We have the staff which is not a problem covering the shifts.

Is the above price low/high?

thanks steve

CMS

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 05:52:11 pm »
??????????????????????????

Tim Downer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:23:30 pm »
Interesting reply.........!?!?!?!?!?
Tim Downer
Manager