Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sham33

Is gutter cleaning seasonal?
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
Hi,when I say gutter cleaning I mean the clogged up insides with leaves and moss not the outer pvc. For any one who's been doing it for a few years do you get gutter cleaning jobs spread evenly through out the year or do you get a large clump of jobs for a few months of the year?

Banbury Window Cleaning

Re: Is gutter cleaning seasonal?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56:24 pm »
we get a few jobs through the year but mostly from oct onwards for the clearing out of gutters
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

steve rix

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 08:02:44 pm »
yes

rg1

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:27:37 pm »
yes

No, it's all year round if you spend time finding the work  ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:58:32 pm »
I get them all year round, but will be looking to do more this winter.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »
no it is rain dependant or plant growth dependant, although you can play the winter is coming/ is here card for your gain.

we clean gutters all year round thats why I say no
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

richywilts

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:54:00 pm »
it depends how big ya round is if u got a large enough size round ya always gna be able to find someone needing them doing i find it well paid work but go thru spells where i have a big push
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 12:07:58 am »
Normally gutters shoulld be cleaned after the trees have shead their leaves, this happens from october to november and the season should finsh around april.

This year though has been different with the amount of rain we have had, what I normally do before november is to send a camera up to see what the gutters are like, if they are overcome with moss and such like then I will recommend a full clean, if it is just a small blockage because of the weather, then  a smaller job is required with a full clean when the trees have dropped their leaves.

each job is different and should be treated this way, its all well and good getting money off customers, but I like my customers and will only do work that is needed not what I would always like because of the money involved.

My gutter cleaning in now coming into its 3rd year, I now already have lots of customers who are booking a full clean, when the season opens in november.

Hopefully over time I will be able to convert all my window cleaning customers to have their gutters cleaned once a year or when they actually need cleaning.

this of course is just me and how i like to operate my business, others will operate differently.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 07:01:58 am »
All year round for me. More in the summer when customer wants fascias, gutters and all plastic done at the same time.

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:57:39 am »
Normally gutters shoulld be cleaned after the trees have shead their leaves, this happens from october to november and the season should finsh around april.

This year though has been different with the amount of rain we have had, what I normally do before november is to send a camera up to see what the gutters are like, if they are overcome with moss and such like then I will recommend a full clean, if it is just a small blockage because of the weather, then  a smaller job is required with a full clean when the trees have dropped their leaves.

each job is different and should be treated this way, its all well and good getting money off customers, but I like my customers and will only do work that is needed not what I would always like because of the money involved.

My gutter cleaning in now coming into its 3rd year, I now already have lots of customers who are booking a full clean, when the season opens in november.

Hopefully over time I will be able to convert all my window cleaning customers to have their gutters cleaned once a year or when they actually need cleaning.

this of course is just me and how i like to operate my business, others will operate differently.

Good post. I do a free check, and only clear them out when needed. Here it is obvious when most gutters need clearing out, as they are like rooftop lawns.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Dani J

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 05:59:09 pm »

Good post. I do a free check, and only clear them out when needed. Here it is obvious when most gutters need clearing out, as they are like rooftop lawns.

John

So Johnny

When ever a customer call you, you go round and have a FREE check ?  ???

You will loose a lot of money this way don’t you think?

In that case I will call you for a FREE check up of mine  :D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »
jonny b is trad bosh so im sure he has a quick look when asked by his customer while he is already there cleaning windows.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.