Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Gardiner superlight sill brushes??
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:34:25 pm »
Anyone tried them?
I have a 40' supermax with an aluminium gooseneck but I have noticed recently that when using the superlight normal brushes it does not sit well on velux windows and its also very hard to give the sills a good scrub on the 2nd floor.
Has anyone tried them, and which one would you recommend?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

dazmond

Re: Gardiner superlight sill brushes??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »
supalite medium white bristle sill brush mate.i use mine for first cleans and conny roofs and i have a soft black one that i use on leaded sometimes.both are screwed on carbon goosenecks.

i use a white extreme brush for most maintenance cleans at the moment as the lightness coupled with a carbon gooseneck and no aqua-daptor makes my SLX very light and rigid and awkward windows over extensions/connies are a  breeze now!!!

i interchange these 3 brushes on carbon goosenecks between my 25ft SLX and 40ft SUPERMAX.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »
Cheers Dazmond for that. Seeing that I just use mine for the 2nd floor (3 storey house) i would probably leave it on permanently. 99% of my customers are white PVC frames so which brush would you recommend for that. Also, do you know if it will fit on an Aluminium gardiners gooseneck?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:20:56 pm »
we use them for everything.  very good brushes but VERY short lifespan compared to others
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:28:40 pm »
hiya mate.i find the extreme white bristle great for frames.most of my work is white pvc frames as well.the problem with the sill brushes is they dont sit on the glass fully when extending over a conny/extension.you can still clean it but only with the top row of bristles.obviously they are ideal for upper sills but i prefer the extreme as its lighter and great for getting spiders and eggs out of the corner of frames!!

im not sure if the sill brush will fit on  the aluminium gooseneck as i have 3 carbon goosenecks.id imagine it would though.

best wishes

dazmond

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »
Been using extreme Brushes now for a few months.  Fantastic brushes.  Decided to give the mono dt extreme sill brush a try.  Only time it has come off is when I swap over to a black extreme for leaded windows. Am going to get the black dt extreme sill with my next Gardiner's purchase
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

RO-Sheen

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:38:40 pm »
Thanks Richard, good comment on the lifetime. It would be occasional use (2nd floor) but still something I need to consider.

Thanks Blue Frog and Dazmond (again!)

Adie

RO-Sheen

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 10:47:08 pm »
Dazmond and Bluefrog.....

I just noticed you were talking about Extreme brushes. I was wondering about the sill brushes.

Cheers guys

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 11:10:15 pm »
i have

medium bristle sill brush(white)

soft bristle sill brush(black)

medium bristle extreme brush(white)

the sill brushes are ok but i use the extreme for most normal work.

the white sill brush is the one to go for if your just buying one specifically for 2nd floor sills and velux.of course you can use it for all your maintenance cleaning if you want but i prefer the extreme because of the points ive made above.

hope this makes things clearer for you mate!! ;) :) :)

regards

dazmond

RO-Sheen

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 11:23:20 pm »
Cheers mate, thats great!

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 05:29:51 am »
What you really need is a flexi goose neck on the end of that alu goose neck so you can adjust your brush as the brush you are using is better that a sill brush.

james stanley

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 07:08:15 am »
I really like 2 brushes.... The standard Medium Mixed DT & the Medium Mixed extreme  ;)

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 02:45:15 pm »
I use the hard sill brush I love it can rinse on the glass and it is faster than the extreme brushes I recently purchased the white extreme buti went back to my sill brush because it was faster
Spit and polish

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:24 pm »
the white sill brushes are good, but as pointed out they dont last very long it really depends what you want a sill brush that lasts longer than the pole then get a vikan but are heavy, if it is weight but does the job well then a Gardiner SL sill brush is good, I have both and both do a good job I use the Gardiners ones because they are feather weight at the end of the pole and scrub well
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

bumper

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »
i find the blackone is good but its hard to see were the  water jets are pointing the brush seems to be in the way not like normal brush.(if that makes any sence ???

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 06:16:29 pm »
Its the alloy gooseneck that is the problem mate it does not offer the flexabilty

I used the alloy gooseneck for years and thought they were great now I just use gardiners standard plastic angle adapter which you can adjust very quickly ,

I use the extreme dual trim mixed bristle brush for 100 % of my window cleaning work including up to 40 ft and have not had any probs cleaning sills , Mike