Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

Re: what would 450quid worth of seo a month get you
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »
because they usually phone me so i can amend the database ive considered team leader and one lad was gna come across two weeks ago from another company who i met at the nvq course but last minute his boss offered him more wages too stay

also they ring me so i cant try and pull more work forward to cover the gaps when customers cancel at the door etc even tho we text them etc just gettin on my nerves.

having a lot of domestic work means a lot more work chasing payments too id just like some larger accounts so that bigger payments come in staggered over the month as we all know its a pain in the arse chasing debts
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

George P

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »
because they usually phone me so i can amend the database ive considered team leader and one lad was gna come across two weeks ago from another company who i met at the nvq course but last minute his boss offered him more wages too stay

also they ring me so i cant try and pull more work forward to cover the gaps when customers cancel at the door etc even tho we text them etc just gettin on my nerves.

having a lot of domestic work means a lot more work chasing payments too id just like some larger accounts so that bigger payments come in staggered over the month as we all know its a pain in the arse chasing debts

the payment problems will still be around in your commercial, but the big differance is when they owe you its not just £10 / £20.00 it can soon be a lot more, also if you take on subbie work be very careful of what you take on and from who, we do some work as subbies and usually ok theres 4 on here i deal, all of which are top guys, but there are others who will happily sting you for a lot of money......dont know how they can sleep at night knowing there not paying you whats owed, was tring to save to take kids to disney but a certain member wont pay,

Approved

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »
Richy you sure you were not quoted £450 per quarter, for seo, we had prices in and some our £300 to £400 a quarter.

Erithwc

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 04:59:58 pm »

It would be even worse if a big commercial say £1000 per month goes bust and don't pay or drop you for another company.

Paul

Dean Taberner

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 07:12:29 pm »
There's no future in windows Richy,

Get out whilst you still can fella.

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Archer

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 07:44:31 pm »

Goodluck Richy,

the problems are still the same but on a bigger scale.

Guarenteed you can clean an apartment block and someone will complain, you are not in a position to argue even though you know you have cleaned them properly.

First time you start a fuss, you will be long gone, trust me.

From the posts that i read from you i think you are complicating yourself bigtime and causing yourself problems.

Why dont you pay someone more than normal to look after your work (you will get someone if you pay very good) and they can have the hassle and running of your business (divert al;l calls to them).

Take a month out to sort your head out, and work out a strategy and basically set up again so you have nothing to do with your domestic apart from turning up now and then just to see it ticking over properly.

But do not think commercial and apartment blocks are easier because you are stupid to think that.

Like someone said, if your domestic doesnt pay, you might be waiting or lose £10 or £20.

Apartment blocks can be in the hundreds, same problems but on bigger scale.

Only my opinion as i have been doing this for past 27 years

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 07:48:17 pm »
try this company. my friend runs it! ...www.optigon.co.uk

tell him george sent you  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »
richy 450 a mth  :o :o :o :o
have a word with nat or ian
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

glen parva

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 10:08:37 pm »

the payment problems will still be around in your commercial, but the big differance is when they owe you its not just £10 / £20.00 it can soon be a lot more, also if you take on subbie work be very careful of what you take on and from who, we do some work as subbies and usually ok theres 4 on here i deal, all of which are top guys, but there are others who will happily sting you for a lot of money......dont know how they can sleep at night knowing there not paying you whats owed, was tring to save to take kids to disney but a certain member wont pay,

so sorry you cannot take your kids to disney land
just hope the member isnt the same one he owes money to me
just hope he can sleep at night

George P

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

so sorry you cannot take your kids to disney land
just hope the member isnt the same one he owes money to me
just hope he can sleep at night

yep the same one john,

richywilts

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »
name and shame the horrible bar steward
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

George P

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 11:31:16 pm »
name and shame the horrible bar steward
[/quote

i wont name and shame, but hes been offered a chance to make a settlement but refused, although its a lot of money, im a big believer in karmen, what goes around - comes around, he knows who he is and if he wants to get in touch he can, i doubt he will though even though i have offered him several payment methods, people like him make me sick, if you dont want to get caught out by him richy call me and i will tell you who it is so as not to get stung by the supposedly big boy of the window cleaning world (providing you dont put it on here) - thats not my style, not yet any way

Ian101

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 07:28:39 am »
and not having calls n texts every 5 mins saying can ya ring me mrs smith said can ya clean her next week her dogs having puppies.......or can you leave us today it looks like its goin to rain

id just like to know that the work i schedule in will get cleaned

Why cant they just tell you at end of day when back at base ?

Just cos they ring you with a cancellation it aint going to change anything.

Better for them as  straight onto next job and less calls / texts for you.

You then need to dump and replace with 2 of course  ;) ;D

richywilts

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:43 am »
think its coz there both new thats just an example il keep a weekly log next week for yas of the amount of calls n texts i recieve i dont think i hire any staff with minds of there own!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Window Washers

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 06:58:59 pm »
as title say if u had a website designed more for commercial and using keywords etc with as so called seo expert chargin 450 a month and you used terms north west region covered blah blah blah do you think the work you would have enquiring would be worth the 450 a month gamble
I would be wanting to know the reach, £450 is quite high mate I could do it cheaper and it would be easy in your areas although it can take time to do
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 08:44:20 pm »
what do you mean the reach ian??
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Dominic Carnell

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »
Seriously - 95% of these SEO companies are scammers,... if you're lucky enough to have found a genuine one they should have advised you that content is king, taken £100 a month at most off you & advised you to invest the rest in producing promotional videos & pro photography to improve your website's content!

Great advice, I'm in the industry myself and content (following the Google Penguin update) really is king. Very good quality links are still relevant, but creating hundreds of links, from forums, article directories and SBM websites, with the text as 'window cleaner your area' is a waste of time.

These days a good SEO firm should be offering you quality content writing. £450 is also very expensive, penguin or no penguin. I can't imagine the competition for your area can be that fierce, so you should be able to get to the top position with minimal investment.

Window Washers

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »
what do you mean the reach ian??
what they will be targeting, what are the numbers what will be the roi, £450 can be very cheap for this or very expensive, people that can do it themselves are lucky even more lucky if they have very little compitition if thats the case it is very very simple to get to page#1 on google, keeping up with seo is becoming a minefield.

I know some on here will say £450 is to expensive, If I said to these very same people that you spend £450 a month with me and I will return you £900 or more would they say the same thing ?

Heard this a few years back so thought I would share it with you "if you could put £1 into a machine and get out £2, how many £1 coins would you put in?"
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)