Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Getting Staff
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:07:02 am »
Hi

As some of you might know I have been seriously ill . Once I finish the latest round of Chemo , I believe I will be fitter and stronger than I have been for past five years.

This experience has lead me to think I cannot do it all myself in future.

I need to put my Managerial Skills to more use.

So I plan to enter the domestic market.

I have studied The franchises but will not go down that route .

The main obstacle to me is getting good staff while I build the business , as until the promotions start to work I cannot guarantee hours.

I am prepared for negative profit initially, but it occurs to me a 12 month domestic clean can generate more profit per customer than an annual carpet clean

In addition there is the windows to be added also.

Griffus

Re: Getting Staff
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34:49 am »
Ian, check your email.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 06:51:05 pm »

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:23:39 am »
I am a bit shocked that nobody apart from Ian can offer any advise on recruiting staff

Rita p

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:08:29 pm »
Hi
Am not sure on have to go about getting staff, as some days I feel, if only I had staff to help me out, and other days, there is no need for staff as I can get the work done. If you can get any help then please let me know on how to get staff and how to work out the rotas for yourself and staff as well as how to pay for petrol allowance.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:36:26 am »
Rita

I am a bit shocked by lack of response

However I do recall when this section first started there was quite a lot of discussion on this subject

So perhaps the best way is to use search facility.

My problem is I just want to market the service do the sales and admin required.

I know a lot start this service by doing the work themselves.

My system is fine if you have a friend on standby etc  but nit sure about the ability to retain staff while work builds up.
As it might take a month to build up say 15hrs say 

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »
I have a self employed bloke Mon & Tues, all the two man jobs are booked on these days.