Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david@zap-clean

HWE - no hot water available
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:16 pm »
I've been to several jobs recently where there's been no hot water.  This was a surprise to me, in a residential house with the owner present. So I had to I use cold water in my HWE machine.

It occurred to me I could get a portable gas powered water heating system (installed in the van?).

How do you deal with this situation?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Kinver_Clean

Re: HWE - no hot water available
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37:09 pm »
By using presprays that do not require hot water rinses.
I do not use hot water, the exception being 1.5 lts to mix SPM.
All other water is cold.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

what machine did u get ...

no real excuse for producing machines without at least an intank immersion in this country ...

david@zap-clean

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 09:55:51 pm »

no real excuse for producing machines without at least an intank immersion in this country ...

It's an AirFlex Mini
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

john martin

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »

It's an AirFlex Mini

well im sure its a great machine     .. and u can get an external inline

alltecs version of the same machine would have the convience of inbuilt heat ... and a bit cheaper .

Griffus

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 10:59:20 pm »
I've been to several jobs recently where there's been no hot water.  This was a surprise to me, in a residential house with the owner present. So I had to I use cold water in my HWE machine.

It occurred to me I could get a portable gas powered water heating system (installed in the van?).

How do you deal with this situation?

Put three buckets (30 litres or so) in to the tank as soon as you're on site. Leave this as plain for a while. Turn the heater up full then go around getting the rest of your kit set up, moving furniture as required, vacuuming etc.

When ready to prespray you can either take plain water out of your tank, or add boiling water to the cooler mix in your sprayer.

You can also add boiling water to the cooler water in the tank to bring the heat up quicker.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 11:30:52 pm »
I take hot water with me in 25L containers sure it cools a bit but i've never had a problem with results, and I do a lot of EOTs and restricted parking. Generally use either DFC 105/210 or a microsplitter. Kettle is always handy for pre-spray particularly if you prefer powders. Containers cost a few quid and cheaper than most other options. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-New-25L-25-Litre-Plastic-Water-Containers-Food-Grade-Drum-Gerry-Jerrican-/320952529392?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item4aba42f1f0#ht_1854wt_1186

kerrpmiddleton

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51:25 am »
The air flex machain u have if you phone up tony they sell a probable heater ,which I bought same time as mini arflex two main resons minne light for going up straits lightest in it class , and the inline heater for instance hot water as I do lots of letting agents work whom never have hot water ,or combine boiler broken down , great peace of kit  , my mate just bought one ,it was about £100 cheaper than the one from tony but doesn't hate up water as quick , and a regular flow of hot water

david@zap-clean

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:39:28 am »
Lots of great options for me above - thanks everyone :)
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 11:45:53 am »

John

I may new buy new Machine  but am confused is Alltecs Range same as Clean smarts , although it makes little difference as they are both about same distance away. Just Van was trained to go Alltec

Did think I might buy Second Hand Truck Mount to avoid lifting but look expensive to work on, and not sure if I want to carry one around all the time.

It's an AirFlex Mini

well im sure its a great machine     .. and u can get an external inline

alltecs version of the same machine would have the convience of inbuilt heat ... and a bit cheaper .

Ferenc G.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 12:02:10 pm »
In my opinion a heater (inline or immersion) and a kettle is a must on the van for porty users.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »
By using presprays that do not require hot water rinses.
I do not use hot water, the exception being 1.5 lts to mix SPM.
All other water is cold.
There's a massive difference between hot and cold cleaning. Whether a chemical cold rinses or not is irrelevant, it is the effect the heat has on the soil and stains that is the benefit of hot. Plus, it is hot water soil extraction cleaning  :o

Nick Attwood

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 03:57:09 pm »
As Simon has said, you just CANT clean properly with cold water. NO mater what product your applying.

john martin

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »

John

I may new buy new Machine  but am confused is Alltecs Range same as Clean smarts , although it makes little difference as they are both about same distance away. Just Van was trained to go Alltec

Did think I might buy Second Hand Truck Mount to avoid lifting but look expensive to work on, and not sure if I want to carry one around all the time.

Ian ... only the 6 gallon mini model is the same .
As far as i know Sandia plastics make the body , market their own machines and sell the casings to anyone else .
this is the latest brand to use the casing ... probably steem-brites own brand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz9ZKF8HGDE

Each manufacturer builds to its own spec though ... Alltecs version has a 3000w inbuilt inline heater .

I would worry slightly that the tanks are a little small  , alltec has the 12gallon version also but its gone to be 50kg or so ...

john martin

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »

The bigger version looks quite manageable ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOP-_8fHTY&list=UUAbPHGSl5hzDmZadyGBTGNw&index=3&feature=plcp

Casing might not have the built quality of say Ashbys Enforcer , but the alltec is lot cheaper and lighter i'd say ...

even Hoover seems to be using that casing ...

http://hoover.com/products/details/ch83025/ground-command-12-gallon-100-psi-carpet-extractor-with-in-line-heater/

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »
The alltec model does not have the 6.5 motors.

Not sure if they still do it as I did not find it when I looked on the new website last week, but it is probably still work in progress.

If my bone marrow transfer is delayed I might still make Wickstead then I can talk to both suppliers

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 08:02:40 pm »
You can clean with cold water but not with the extraction stage, you just have to rely on your agitation to do the bulk of the work.

When I use a porty I'll agitate until soiling is 100% broken up and then just rinse.
With the TM its just a quick once over with the agitation and use the wand to do the rest.

john martin

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »

For those that say the water cools too much to make a difference between leaving the jet and hitting the surface  ...  I know I've melted candle wax with a single jet wand  , so that would require 80 degrees + on the surface .