Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC Ltd

New vessel, new resin - not working- why?
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:05:18 pm »
I bought a couple of new vessels from wcw - the black 5.6 L ones, filled it with dowex resin thats been in a sealed bag for a year, (though seemed slightly humid as I was filling) new Tds meter and still water is coming out at pretty much same as going in, around 130. ????

What's going on?! any ideas please?

Alex Gardiner

Re: New vessel, new resin - not working- why?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:20 pm »
I bought a couple of new vessels from wcw - the black 5.6 L ones, filled it with dowex resin thats been in a sealed bag for a year, (though seemed slightly humid as I was filling) new Tds meter and still water is coming out at pretty much same as going in, around 130. ????

What's going on?! any ideas please?

You'll need to test your resin first. To do this half fill a cup with resin and pour in an equal amount of water, mix the water and resin together then tilt the cup and pour the now treated water into another cup. Test this treated water and if it isn't 000 then you know the resin isn't working.

Elfyn

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:01:35 pm »
Never heard of that one before.
Thank you Mr G.

LWC Ltd

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 04:39:44 pm »
Thank you Alex, seems the resin is not working.

Does it have a sell by date or something?
I've had it in a sealed bag in the garage for a year, 18 months or something.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:17:07 am »
resin gone off mate.i ve never had this problem with tulsion mb115.i had an opened bag that stood for 5 months and it still worked fine!!
price higher/work harder!

LWC Ltd

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 12:31:38 pm »
I read somewhere that if you fill the vessel too much with resin you get channels and it doesnt work as good - is that true?

I have packed a lot in and will try emptying a bit out. Don't use pure water that often tend to do mostly shops trad but have a few bigger jobs coming up and wanted to get organized with a decent set up.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 08:00:58 am »
I read somewhere that if you fill the vessel too much with resin you get channels and it doesnt work as good - is that true?

I have packed a lot in and will try emptying a bit out. Don't use pure water that often tend to do mostly shops trad but have a few bigger jobs coming up and wanted to get organized with a decent set up.

IIRC resin will always channel a bit, the reason you don't fill it up to the top is that you can shake/roll/throw the vessel and get some more life out the resin.