Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

George Gardner

Everyone I come across with one raves on about them saying how economical they are how robust and just what a pleasure they are to drive.
Literally everyone I come across, they cant all be on commission can they?  :o

George Gardner

Re: I hear good things, anyone clean with a Volkswagen Caddy?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:23:28 pm »
They do at first glance look a bit more expensive, but if its worth it its worth it!!

Anyone else use Van for both work and pleasure?? 2 vehicles to tax and insure is alot surely?!

Leasing might be option, any bean counters on here to say how or EVEN if it is tax deductable??

:) :) :) :)

Dave.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 06:41:47 pm »
I like the look of them - as the sides are smooth without  recessed panels, they'll look good with a vinyl wrap. 

I'm sure the later ones are available in a longer wheel base too.

George Gardner

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:23 pm »
They do look bloody smart and yeah vinyl wrap would set it off nicely  ;)

Could like we earn to much money!!

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:46:54 pm »
I think this question has been answered many times before on this site. You you find lots of useful inforamtion on the subject with a search - try leasing.

There are different leasing packages available and each have their pros and cons. Most manufacturers websites, ie www.citroen.co.uk have a detailed explanation of various lease, contract hire and HP advantages and disadvantages. (Look under the fleet tab). You need to study these and their implications, especially at the end of the contract. Remember, "you get nothing for nothing and very little for sixpence."

Leasing was always viewed as an easy option for those without the necessary deposit for a Hire Purchase, and many even thought that if they had a poor credit rating it didn't matter - but it does. Its a long term contract that you enter into.

My next suggestion is to enroll yourself on a training course provided by the Receiver of Revenue. They will teach you what is claimable and what isn't.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »
I think this question has been answered many times before on this site. You you find lots of useful inforamtion on the subject with a search - try leasing.

There are different leasing packages available and each have their pros and cons. Most manufacturers websites, ie www.citroen.co.uk have a detailed explanation of various lease, contract hire and HP advantages and disadvantages. (Look under the fleet tab). You need to study these and their implications, especially at the end of the contract. Remember, "you get nothing for nothing and very little for sixpence."

Leasing was always viewed as an easy option for those without the necessary deposit for a Hire Purchase, and many even thought that if they had a poor credit rating it didn't matter - but it does. Its a long term contract that you enter into.

My next suggestion is to enroll yourself on a training course provided by the Receiver of Revenue. They will teach you what is claimable and what isn't.

Spruce

Good advice.

I recently looked into Peugeot's "just add fuel" leasing contract. Basically you pay them shed loads of your money for them to still own the vehicle! You are limited on mileage & you must keep it in mint condition for them- or pay up on return!!  When you look into it, it isn't even any cheaper than buying the same vehicle for ownership!! ???

George Gardner

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 06:57:08 pm »
Thanks, I'll look into leasing.

For a new one its about 14k for a 2009 plate its 8-9k, so maybe leasing is the way forward.

They dont reciever mucha revenue from me!! That was a joke and doesnt reflect the views here at the BBC.  ;)

George Gardner

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 06:59:07 pm »

Spruce

Good advice.

I recently looked into Peugeot's "just add fuel" leasing contract. Basically you pay them shed loads of your money for them to still own the vehicle! You are limited on mileage & you must keep it in mint condition for them- or pay up on return!!  When you look into it, it isn't even any cheaper than buying the same vehicle for ownership!! ???

Yeah the more I look into the more little problems I find with it. Basically leasing is someone buys it a rents it to you for more than it depreciates, as you couldnt afford to buy it in the first place!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »
The Citroen berlingo (Peugeot partner same van) are very nice too & you'll get a brand new one for the cost of a second hand VW. The top end models are only a few quid more than basic & you get three front seats + lots of other nice extras too. Payloads up to 850KG. ;)

Although I've not looked into it, someone was telling that Citroen have some sort of 4 year deal thing on the go at the moment with the Berligos.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 09:50:05 pm »
14K! As a business user you could get a brand new Hyundai Iload - 1060kg payload for 16K - air con included with a 5 year warranty.

If you want a smaller van get a Fiat Doblo - they come in different wheelbases and 750 or 1000kg options. My 56 plate one is still fine - earned me loads with a 400L in the back.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »
i prefer to have 2 separate vehicles.a cheap second hand van for a few grand as most of my work is pretty local and a sports car for leisure so i can forget about window cleaning when driving out and about in my spare time!! ;D ;D ;D

sod spending 10-14 grand on a van for work!!! 8) 8) 8)
price higher/work harder!

Liam1990

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 11:28:27 pm »
I have a caddy on a 56 plate, bought it last year, love it ! goes like a train even when fully loaded, good on diese,l climate control/air con, cd player, 1.9tdi 105 bhp, and the road tax on mine is 130 quid a year as its euro 4,

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »
Personally for us as mainly small one vehicle operators a simple personal finance lease without balloon or HP is probably the best way to go. The van is yours when all the payments are made and you aren't under pressure to find either a final large payment or trading it in to start the cycle again.

Its a simple fact - the higher the deposit the lower the monthly payments. My advise is also not to get to involved with 5 year deals - they make the payments lower but tie you in longer. If you can't afford the payments over 3 years then you can't afford the vehicle IMHO. (The longer the finance deal the longer you are in negative equity.) If you find you want to upgrade your van - say its too small, then it becomes quite costly.

Leasing deals maybe painted to look very favourable to the customer, but they are also slanted toward a new sale at the end of the contract for both the manufacturer and the finance house.   
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)