Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ronnie Bryce

SLX /AQUADAPTER
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:54:36 pm »
Are they compatible, or do I need a thing that I probably have not got?

GB Window Cleaning

Re: SLX /AQUADAPTER
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 03:15:01 pm »
YES AND NO! they are perfect together i use that very combination!  ;)

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »
Ronnie

If you have a new SLX with the Resineck quick change angle adaptor then you need to also buy an alloy thread adaptor.

http://www.aqua-dapter.co.uk/accessories/quick-release-pole-adapter-end-screw/

The one Gardiner supply is also fine

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_SCRW_POLE_T1.html

If you have an older SLX that has the thread adaptor glued into the carbon pole, then the MK3 will simply screw directly onto it.

I have then used the old plastic angle adapter to screw onto the other side of the Aqua-dapter and the male thread into the brush holder. I prefer this angle adaptor as I use the angled brush holder rather than the 90 degree one.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

L.U.K.E

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »
Spruce,

How durable is the Aqua-adapter Mk3 when used with a SLX pole day in day out?

Thanks

Luke  :)

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
Spruce,

How durable is the Aqua-adapter Mk3 when used with a SLX pole day in day out?

Thanks

Luke  :)

LUKE,
We have 5 Aqua-dapters between the 3 of us - 4 x Mk2 and 1 MK3. The Mk2's are obviously the oldest and we have had them since they  superceded the Mk1. They have been excellent for us and definitely been a water saver.
The Mk3 was purchased for my 40' SLX which hardly gets used, but it makes switching the water on and off so much easier for me.

Highly recommended as I find it so quick to operate.

As regards durability - fine. We have had three tension springs break but they aren't expensive and easy to change with a pair of long nose pliers. They are a consumable item as far as I'm concerned so I wouldn't consider this an issue, especially as the units are all the MK2's and are well over a year old each.
I keep a few replacements here.

I've also replaced a control wheel on my son's pole which got damaged when his pole blew over.

That's it. Personally I would order a unit with the red hose. I have got an Aquadapter on a CLX22 with the red hose and an SLX22 with the orange hose.

Although it is designed to work better with hot water than the orange one, I still prefer the red with cold water.

Erithwc

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:04:57 pm »
I have had mine for a while i went back to having a tap on the hose for a day make sure the aqua-dapter  wasn't a waste of time and i lasted one day before the aqua-dapter was back on the pole

Great bit of kit if you get one use the code PAULERITH for a discount

Paul

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »
i have the mk3 on a slx35, admittedly it has two sections removed and i use this as my all day pole and add the two bottom sections for the big stuff
if you get the aqua adapter and you have a slx(newish) ask for the longer version of the screw in adapter(the bit that fits between the mk3 and the pole clamp) as i found with the short version there was movement in the brush when cleaning,basically it was rocking back and forth on the clamp section but this seems to have disappeared with the longer version,i assume it spreads the weight out more evenly thru the pole.

I too took mine off for a week and tried a tap,pinching the hose,etc and i couldn't wait to get it back on,the extra weight is more then compensated by the water saving and the all round practical use of the mk3..

i would love to see a slightly lighter version

mikey

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »
hello people   i cant find the screw top on the gardiners website  no ware   and the link just shows the picture  could you direct me to it please         michael  m

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »
hello people   i cant find the screw top on the gardiners website  no ware   and the link just shows the picture  could you direct me to it please         michael  m

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Pole_Fittings.html

mikey

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »
thanks    spruce :)

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:32:48 am »
thanks    spruce :)

This is new - I haven't seen it before and is probably better as it has a longer shaft although I have the alloy one above and its fine

Alloy Quick-Release Top Adapter on the same Gardiner page

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Pole_Fittings.html

keyser soze

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 05:22:39 pm »
aquadapter would ruin a slx pole .. nice balanced pole and then stick one of them on top . no way.... imo

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:20:09 pm »
andrew it certainly doesnt "ruin" the pole as you say.if you fit an aqua-daptor and a carbon gooseneck with an extreme brush or sill brush they are still very light and very user friendly!!

i prefer an aqua-daptor for ease of use.ive tried taps on hose and pole and even tried toshs outside pole hose and "nipping" the hose which i found a nightmare!!

for me its simply the best method of controlling my water flow.i have 2 mark II s.the mark III s are even lighter with no clamp.
price higher/work harder!