Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ryan1638

Some advice please New
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:26 pm »
Can anybody tell me if £70 is a fair price for a 3 bed end of terrace fascia,soffit and gutter clean,im new to this game so just trying to find my feet with prices.thanks

sunshine windies

Re: some advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:15 pm »
i would probably go for around £50 but hey ho if they're happy with it who cares ;)

DMC Window Cleaners Ltd

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:35:01 am »
Depends on area in country, depends on condition and how much guttering easy way to work out if it's worth it, work out how much u want to earn an hour then ask how long will this job take

ryan1638

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:48:41 pm »
Well the customer bit my hand off with the price,so naturally i then thought that i had priced 2 low.should take me about 3 hours,if so 25 per hour is a good wage,thanks for the comments boys.

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:05 pm »
Can anybody tell me if £70 is a fair price for a 3 bed end of terrace

It is where I live.
Getting a mortgage for that much might be tricky, though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:02:25 am »
Well the customer bit my hand off with the price,so naturally i then thought that i had priced 2 low.should take me about 3 hours,if so 25 per hour is a good wage,thanks for the comments boys.

It's only by doing what you've done that you can gauge future jobs of a similar ilk and price them properly.

I doubt there's a window cleaner on this forum that has never undercharged for a job and suffered really badly because of it.  I think David_of_St_Ivel once walked away from some builder's cleans he'd undercharged; just naffed off!!!  If it was him (I'm not totally sure), this was some years ago.

And occasionally, I still undercharge and suffer for it.  >:(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 09:33:16 pm »
Depends what's on the end of the terrace - gutter and soffit? Just barge boards? Or Just a gable end with no work to be done.

If it's a gutter and soffit I would say £90 - if just barge boards £75 and if nothing £60. Anything up to moderately dirty.
It's a game of three halves!