Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Granny

Been offered Work
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:21:39 am »
Hi
Any opinions? been offered £933 worth of work about 138 customers works out about £6.75 avg. per house for the straight price on the book £933 - bloke has given up windows.
Thought of offering the price less about 10% for changeover losses but as rounds seem to go for much more than the straight price on the book feel a bit mean but it is a risk.
Granny

Ian101

Re: Been offered Work
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:25:01 am »
Worth what someone prepared to pay.

Work selling for 5/6 times the clean normally quality work.

Once you put them up you will loose some ... maybe.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:29:28 am »
Providing work is all up to date etc then snap his hand off IMO

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:48:30 am »
if your just starting out you cant afford to not buy this round mate!if its genuine!

if it is then buy it and make sure you do a fantastic job and show them how reliable you are and that you clean sills,frames and doors etc.

then after a year put the prices up if you think their underpriced.

you will get more and more if your professional.its a starting base for ya!

i bought a few days work when i started in 1993.it cost me £80 for 2 days work!it was awful!bad payers on some real dodgy council estate.whittled it down to 1 days work and i still clean some work i picked up as a result of working in this area.it started me off. ;) ;D ;D

i also found out about 2 guys that were window cleaning that people were not happy with so i went round and canvassed loads of their work and picked up half a dozen houses then in the end i picked up 90 houses on this estate!! :D :D :D

he who dares rodders!!he who dares!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Granny

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:02:32 am »
Cheers Dazmond very positive - I was thinking about all the 1st cleans 'cos It's virtually all I've done for about 5 weeks and it's no joke ??? - but long term the time and effort invested should pay off - I hope or else I've been a b*****y idiot ;D
G.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 08:26:19 am »
itll get better for you mate but being realistic itll take you a few years to get well established where your in a position to pick and choose your work.

best wishes

dazmond

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:08 pm »
U told me that 2 years ago Daz and u are spot on

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 05:12:13 pm »
offer him 929 ;D

Granny

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 07:52:51 pm »
Barry
Are you a true Yorkshire man or what?
If they were giving our prizes for P**s taking you would be in the front of the queue!
BTW who won the  Best Bucket poll?
Granny

DG Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:37 am »
I'm near you mate so if you don't buy it I will   ;D. Seriously though its a no brainer.

Granny

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 07:55:10 am »
Got the work list going out today to take a look around.
Anyone taken over work like this?
I was thinking 'cos about 40 of them are due just do them and explain changeover when I go collect rather than visiting them all in the evening then having to go back to clean then back to collect.
It's going to be a real challenge - no contact details or phone numbers - dont' think any are bacs - they have all been tradded and now I'm wfp.
But he's given me the list to have a go and see what it's worth!!
I'd be daft not to have a go. :)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 10:29:01 am »
Just do em explain later, lot quicker and easier. Most people won't care who cleans their windows. Ask him for a letter explaining the changeover to show customers who want more info. Any contact details you need for access etc he should have already. I don't keep contact details for all my custies only have them where required

Granny

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »
Been out today and done what I thought was worthwhile - they're in a pretty bad state never had the frames even cat-licked in years some are absolutely bogging!
Lot of underpriced houses too but close together.
Don't know whether to stick with underpriced compact work and bring them up to standard and then put the price up in a few months or take the opportunity of changeover time to offer --we do the frames - sills - doors- with our new WFP system but we can't do it for the price he charged it'll have to be more. Take it or leave it.
Granny

Steve Sed

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 07:12:03 pm »
What if they say leave it?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 08:49:52 pm »
If they are underpriced I'd put them up straight away. If your average is 6.75 then I'd guess a 3 bed semi would be around that price. You could probably do 4 or 5 an hour if they are compact works out at least 28.50 an hour. Not bad money for up north.

Granny

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53:34 pm »
What if they say leave it?
Then I'm stuffed innit!!!!
I've broken up joined up work.
Or I say I can carry on doing them the way the last cleaner did but won't do the frames and sills n doors etc.
But some might go for it and I will keep them all joined up but some on trad and some on Poley Poley work at a better price for a better service.
Aaaaghhhhh ???

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:49 pm »
granny take your time on the first cleans and show them how you do things differently.clean ALL frames, sills and doors WFP.TAKE THE HIT FIRST TIME AND DONT PUT THE PRICES UP!!!

all future cleans will be easier.then put prices up next year once they know your a quality window cleaner whos reliable.

regards

dazmond