Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee howarth

spotting after using wfp
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »
hi have started using wfp and been getting complaints of spotting and staining , what am i doing wrong , the water is 003 , i clean frames first then window and rinse off using pencil jets,could i not be rinsing enough or should i clean twice. Also the jet of water from brush shoots out bout 8 inches should i turn up pump thanks

matthewprice

Re: spotting after using wfp
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »
in my time being wfp spotting is due to not rinsing enough ,my pencil jets shoot out a bit further than 8 inches ,try turning up the water flow :)

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:36 pm »
hi have started using wfp and been getting complaints of spotting and staining , what am i doing wrong , the water is 003 , i clean frames first then window and rinse off using pencil jets,could i not be rinsing enough or should i clean twice. Also the jet of water from brush shoots out bout 8 inches should i turn up pump thanks

is this on the first cleans

R.W.C.S

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »
I had this problem when i first started out too.

It quite often happens on first cleans, so whenever i sign a new custy up, i always explain that there may be some initial spotting on the first clean.

That said, i think the key is to rinse, rinse again and then maybe one more time.

R.W.C.S

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:51:49 pm »
Also maybe think about getting a brush with fan jets.

(Let the fan jets vs. pencil jets debate start again!)

matty72

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »
more rinsing down, personaly i try and stay at 000 as much as poss, the higher the reading the more the rinse unless it rains ;D

matty72

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:53:17 pm »
pencil

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:57:48 pm »
It might be down to more scrubbing needed rather than rinsing. Or a brush with better scrubbing ability.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ben M

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:12 pm »
more rinsing and pencil  ;D

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 10:32:06 pm »
my motto is ?
"of in doubt wash/rinse em again"

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:47:13 pm »
You could at least have a motto that rhymes lol ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:19:52 pm »
wfp is a magic way of cleaning windows this shouldnt happen ;D

mikecam

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:26:27 pm »

Spotting is caused generally by not rinsing off enough, or, run off coming out of seals, openers. Its important to recognise which one it is . If its caused by run off from seals/openers then no amount of scrubbing and rinsing will alleviate this for you. If its caused by run off from seals/openers then turning up your pump as you suggest will not help either. You need some instruction.

Granny

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 07:33:20 am »

dmlservices

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 07:51:08 am »
On first cleans I use a high flow , go over frames giving top frame a good scrub , then quickly over glass, rinse top frame , go to next window, do this on whole of the house, then go back to first window, and re do, this time glass only , should come up good , unless you've got problems , like the ones stated by mikecam, as for the water flow from pencil jets 8 inch is not enough , try 2 - 3 ft , I use this all the time , and get very good results, one last thing , I always rinse brush of on new cleans , IMO fans would make the problem worse.

Daz

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 08:12:47 am »
I would be cleaning twice with any new clean maybe three times if needed.
I would try to keep your water at 000 rather than let it go above you cannot then blame the water for spotting.

clean the top of the frame first also where the glass meets the frame because this is the worst place that can and will give spotting on glass, clean rest of frame and glass, then go back and do the top of the frame and where the glass meets the frame and then the rest of the frame and glass rinse frame, clean glass once more and sill, then final rinse glass only. if your flow rate is to high you will just lose a lot of water which IMO is pointless on first cleans
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

H S and Son

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 09:24:41 am »

I had a complaint Saturday as a result of windows I'd cleaned last Friday due to spotting. The water was 001. I went round to inspect and sure enough they wern't up to scratch. I put it down to the fact that Friday was very windy/blustery as they'd not complained in the two years or so Ive been cleaning them before, so not seals etc.

dmlservices

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 01:03:39 pm »

I had a complaint Saturday as a result of windows I'd cleaned last Friday due to spotting. The water was 001. I went round to inspect and sure enough they wern't up to scratch. I put it down to the fact that Friday was very windy/blustery as they'd not complained in the two years or so Ive been cleaning them before

, so not seals etc.

I've had similar , I usually work in all weathers, but sometimes you have to weigh up whether it's worth it or it, when it's blowing a gale.

Daz

rg1

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »
I've had similar , I usually work in all weathers, but sometimes you have to weigh up whether it's worth it or it, when it's blowing a gale.

Daz

Yep, had a similar problem when it had been raining and windy as well.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)