Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Stanley

Red Nail Polish
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:13:37 pm »
Just visited a cust with a large 24 ins x 2 ins spread of bright red nail polish on light sandy coloured poly carpet - just as a test - with waver signed - i tried some solvents which worked very well considering the stain has been there for 2 weeks plus. now i know i could spend lots of time dabbing away and in the end get very good results, at the most a slight pink residue might be left. Would a solvent extraction be more capable, as i have never used one, not with standing the cost are they more up to it than dabbing away so to speak.

Apicture should appear.

NCCA

Mark Stanley

Re: Red Nail Polish
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 03:23:45 pm »
By the way the rub marks are the customers not mine.
NCCA

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 04:04:41 pm »
Is that Polyprop or Nylon? Looks like nylon from here.

I've got an solvent extraction machine. Yes it would flush it through better but then it sounds like you haven't got one so that's got to be one seriously wealthy client to justify a machine and enough solvent ;D ;D

Save your money for now. Stick with spotting it (working inwards) and then fill a bucket with hot water and immerse a pump up sprayer of the required solvent until its nice 'n hot.
Apply this with some pressure as a final rinse and extract off using the vac of your usual machine with an exhaust hose to outside. PPE!

Hope this helps
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Mark Stanley

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:01:49 pm »
Thanks for that Alan - Do you think its worth investing in a solvent extraction kit? From previous research they can cost a few bob. Your thoughts on  make/ 2nd hand availability etc Cheers
NCCA