Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattman

Carpet moth
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:05:06 pm »
Hi guys, first time posting on forum, so hello to all.
I have been asked to look at a carpet with a particularly bad carpet ' moth' infestation. Not the little 'wooly bear' type( sorry, that's what I have always called them ) but the sort of infestation that leaves the white rectangular 'pods' in the carpet. One carpet affected is a very old wool carpet and the other is a not so old 80/20.
The problem areas are in the normal places, under curtains, radiators and low furniture in corners of room the get no disturbance.
I remember there being a powder on the market that is normally left for a week or so before being removed? Cant remember what this is called, suggested treatments/ methods would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Matt.

John Kelly

Re: Carpet moth
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »
The powder you refered to was a Permethryn based insecticide which is no longer available. There are alternatives in liquid form which are available. Regular vacuuming of the affected area can help in reducing infestations.

mattman

Re: Carpet moth
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:13:55 pm »
Thanks for your reply John, just had a peek at a certain site ..........which seems to have just what I might need .  ;)
Regards
Matt.