Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

balloo

SHAG PILE RAKE
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:20:51 pm »
I have bought 6 beautifull cream pure wool shag pile rugs, but I cannot find where to buy a rake.

I live on the South Coast near Brighton, but does any one know where I can buy a rake on the internet.

Dennis

Re: SHAG PILE RAKE
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 03:33:52 pm »
The rake you need is called a Grandi Groom, (it will cost £25 - £30) try

Southern Counties Janitorial Supplies
 95 Hollingdean Road
Brighton
East Sussex
BN2 4AA
Tel: 01273 608040

or search for grandi groom on the net, quite a few carpet cleaning suppliers can get them.

There is a smaller one but I forget the name of it!

It's funny, I had one when I started 15 years ago and it's been in the garage for about 10, with shag pile coming back into fashion looks like I might need it again.  ;D

balloo

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 03:41:06 pm »
LOL - we bough these on the TV on the price drop channel - and they are great and so warm.  They are 7' by 5' so I really need this tool.
Thanks for your help, I will give them a try.

BRSL

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 07:02:08 pm »
Sorry to post this but some one might find it as funny as I did

To do with pile brushes

I was cleaning a ladys dark green Shag pile carpet, she left me too it and went to the shops, so being in a bit of a foolish mood, i had a empty room cleaned with this carpet and was quite happy in my own little world making it look like cricket pitch witht the lines you  know, when she walked through the door  ??? :o :o :o, I didnt know what to do, but she loved it and wanted me to leave it as her hubby was a huge cricket fan and reconed he would like it

Job done anouther happy customer
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 08:28:06 pm »
LOL Did you leave her a bat and ball???? ;D

woodman

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 09:20:56 am »
Balloo

OR

Go to your local garden centre/DIY store and buy one of those metal garden rakes that you can adjust the width on by sliding the button up and down.

(Practice slowly and gently at first)

When you get it home set mid to wide and gently rake your shage pile carpet/rugs with it you will be amazed at the results.

Caution: Do not use this type of rake on any other carpet