Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

darrenlee

rental market
« on: January 16, 2006, 01:03:34 am »
hi was wondering, is it worth getting in on the diy market.

anyone of any info or views on this

darren

BRSL

Re: rental market
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 12:01:47 pm »
 ??? ??? ???

Are you talking about hireing equipment out there to the public so they can it do them selves, sorry I thought we were all professianals on here  ::)

I spent 12 months in Australia and every supermarket hired out portables by the truck full for next to nothing, but theres still a good market for pro's out there, nobody used them because they didnt know how and didnt want to ask,

If it was an idea all I can say is "resoiling chemicals" give us a chance  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

paul bruce

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:53:39 pm »
Hi Darren, I done some research and tested this market and found that the profile of the customers that hired the equipment to DIY were the very price conscious type and if were not doing it themselves would be more likely to use the splash and dash £10 per carpet brigade, hence the professionals Pile Profile mentions would not be losing out as not the market they go for.
If you are intending to hire out machines, they have to be PAT tested otherwise if anyone receives a electric shock or whatever your liability insurance would be void.If you want any further advice let me know.

Paul

Scott Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 06:22:39 pm »
tried it 2 years ago and a complete waste of time.

As mentioned, the cheap bridgade and always moaning that the machine did not work properly so they could get money off.

TY
The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

darrenlee

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 06:37:11 pm »
many thanks 4 your replys, sounds like i wont bother
just thought it might help my ageing back,
on paper seems simple but doesnt everything

darren

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 07:36:20 pm »
Pile profile, how was oz???  Can get in  mrs a staff nurse and we talked about it for 12 months or so. Problem is what do I do there???? Is the much call for carpet & upholstery cleaning or would I have to fight for work

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 08:02:43 pm »
Plenty carpet cleaning over there, much more regulated than here. Have a look at their forum http://www.australianforums.biz/bb/login.asp?target=default.asp

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 08:39:27 pm »
Registered and posting on the site now !! Thanks John

BRSL

Re: rental market New
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 11:30:14 pm »
Fibre fresh, it was awsome, saving my pennies to go ourselves, got wait a couple of years though  :( :( :( :(

PS whats your location
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C