Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

md_cleaning

BT Phone book
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:57:14 pm »
Was just wondering what peoples thoughts on this are, is it better or worse than yellow pages and thompsons?
Dave

COLIN BRIGHT

Re: BT Phone book
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 07:50:51 pm »
 AD IN B.T BOOK HAS NOT BROKEN EVEN YET

SAME AD IN Y.P 4.5 TO 1 RETURN

THOMSONS  LOCAL   ABOUT A 2.5 TO 1 RETURN

HOPE THIS HELPS

P.S YELLOW PAGES COSTS TWICE AS MUCH AS B.T BUT THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN JOBS AND RETURNS

cleaning co

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 04:56:20 pm »
ive allways found  thompson book the best get about 5-6 week  but  yellow pages 1 a fortnight

md_cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 10:23:20 pm »
Thanks for comments, just wondered how people were gettung on with it as a recent addition to directories, but it appears hardly anyone uses it.
Dave

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:26:07 pm »
Had a call from bt today,told them my advertising budget was already spent.
Yellow pages is only good for toilet paper,they are useless,never again.
Going in Thomson this year.-John

md_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:25:36 pm »
John, Thompsons is quite good round here, yellow pages cover to big an area round here and are bloody expensive.
Dave

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 12:16:56 am »
Thanks for that Dave,all we got from yellow pages was hundreds of calls from parasite companies that yell had sold our details on to.
They couldn't get our ad right and even after months of trying still printed it totally wrong,they are nothing but a load of bankers :)
So far the service received from the Thomson rep is excellent and they got it right first time,can't wait to see it in print.
The rep has promised that our details will not be sold on,so I will hwe his short and curlies if he does.-John

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 07:49:13 pm »
I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT IF READING ABOUT YP.

I GET A GREAT RESPONCE FROM IT

scott2bclean

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 11:08:27 pm »
Hello

BT's admin was attrocious but they seem to have sorted this out this year.

I am in their classified section since about november and have been satisfied with the response so far.

Like Colin I dont find the general negative critisism of yellow pages fits with my experience.

I think that much depends on the area that the directory covers, and the number of competitors.  If there are several/many pages in your advertising category then it is easy to get lost unless you can make your ad stand out- size -colour - shape etc.

Also the concept of a 3 in 1 directory is relatively new so it will take time for the public to become used to it.

It is also easier to shoot the messenger sometimes rather than ask whether the message is right.

I am happy with BT and Yell don't have the option of Thomsons.

Regards
John

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 01:13:34 am »
Current years directories are the last with Thomson and BT.
Both have cocked up my ads for two years running. BT even lost my signed proof and decided to make up the ad based on one from two years previous in YP.
You get what you pay for.
Thomson waste a lot of money advertising that they're better than YP. SAYS WHO? Thomson ad not broken even for two years. Not much better for BT.

YP etc keepin me on my toes.
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

cleaning co

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 03:55:40 am »
really strange the diff reponces people get aint it,i find yellow pages crap, tompson really good  even though they are same ad