Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BRSL

editorials
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:43:46 am »
Hi guys

As some already know I currently advetise my self as working in Cornwall / Southampton, this is a bit of a fib as I only work in Cornwall but was soon going to relocate to southampton, this has now anoyingly changed as my paerner has landed a good part time job in Cornwall and now have to stay local ish so looking to relocate to Bideford North Devon  ???

Firstly has any one got any ideas on this, from a marketing perspective on the area

secondly Im thinking of putting an editorial in the papper when I get there to inform people of my presense so to speak, you know a big pic of me n van/ machine and some company info, what info should I include, why shold they be doing a write up on me im thinking  new machine no resoiling chems ncca approved all the usual that you would find in a add but has to sound interesting

any ideas, has any one tried this before with what results ?

Im hoping also that this will be free as it's a story not an add  ;D

Yours a bit confused at the mo
James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Mark Roberts

Re: editorials
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:49:11 pm »
I find people in Devon like using well established local business for work. So saying your new to the area may well back fire.
Why not place an ad in paper with a nice offer and spend the rest of the time doing leaflets and knocking on doors. Meet the people you want work from and you will learn what they want.
Leaflets, letters and the right ads in press and mags would be good.
I would hit Barnstaple down the road in a big way as well.

Have you been to Bideford in summer? Good luck with the traffic !

Mark.

BRSL

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:42:17 pm »
Hi Mark

we went up there a couple of days ago and suspected it might come alive in the summer, I totaly agree with you about the new to area bit, I was hopeing to keep that bit to myself, just had a shock though speaking to the nice man from yellow pages that wouldent get off the phone and he recons theres over 20 carpet cleaners in Barnstable  :o :o :o :o :o sound like a bit too much compitition to me.

hows it in Newton Abott  ;D my dad lives in Bishopsteinton so dont worry wont be coming there  ;D :D

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Mark Roberts

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 04:52:39 pm »
It would not surprise me if there were that many.
Still, I would try to steal some work from there, the trouble I find with North Devon is, everywhere is spaced out so doing Leaflets can be a pain.
I would create a really good one then use the royal mail to blanket drop the whole area. Lots of small towns so find parrish mags you should be in as well.

Mark