Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ray

oil filled radiator
« on: January 05, 2006, 07:40:16 pm »
Hi all

We have a client who purchased a small oil filled radiator. They plugged it in but after it heated up it started to force the oil out onto the carpets.

We have been asked by the store they purchased it from to see if we can remove the oil.

We have not looked at it yet so don’t what the carpet is made off.

We are going to sort it out tomorrow afternoon. Has anyone else had to deal with this situation? What oil will it have in it?

Ray

John_Flynn

Re: oil filled radiator
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 07:57:47 pm »
Before I would go on a job like this I would clarify WHO is paying you, the purchaser of the faulty item or the STORE??

If it is the STORE do they want a report on the said damage before you proceed?? If so this must be paid for by them at least £60.00 for your expert knowledge, also make sure that they agree with YOUR terms of Trading

'CASH ON COMPLETION'.

As regarding the type of oil, I got no idea.

Just trying to say DO NOT WORK FOR NOWT for them!!!
I get better looking each day!!

gmac

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 08:46:17 pm »
John,

Wise words John,

Dont fall for it Ray.

Regards,

Gary

Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
We did the job on friday afternoon.

Spoke to the head office of the company who sold the radiator they were happy to try and clean the carpets.

The radiator must have had a faulty thermostat as it just carried in heating up then it just burst.
The teenage son tryed to carry it out of the house but just spread the oil, then walked it into other room.

We cleaned some of the stairs lounge. hallway and porch the carpets were 80/20 just 3 mounths old. Most if the oil came out with just a normal clean. We then just used eco spotter and citius gel on the stubborn bits.

Ray