Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Hunt

Caravan carpet cleaning
« on: January 04, 2006, 07:21:27 pm »
Hi,
Ive just started a new bisuness in caravan exterior cleaning and am thinking of adding on carpet cleaning to.
My only concern is that alot of my caravans are on storage sites.
What i need to know is how long would it take for the carpets to dry out and what  machine would you recomend for the job? 

mark_roberts

Re: Caravan carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 07:28:19 pm »
Id stay away from this type of work.

A normal HWE machine would do but its backbreaking work.  If theres no heat to dry it quickly then it will take days this time of year and may smell a bit for which youll be blamed.  However caravans smell bad anyway.

Also youll need a 240volt supply as caravans have less supply needed for the machine.

A TM would be best and do it in the summer months.

Mark

Mike Hunt

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 07:37:59 pm »
This may sound daft but isnt there a machine that clean and dry in the same pass?
I know about as much about carpet  cleaning as you's know about window cleaning so bare with me.
 Mike

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »
Mike

It is feasible to do this work I know people who rarely do anything else. Most caravan interiors are of robust manmade fibres and usually clean up really well. I would suggest you visit a local equipment supplier and see what they have on offer. Some basic training would be of benefit.

Mike Hunt

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 08:19:00 pm »
Could you recomend anyone near coventry?
       Thank Mike

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 08:44:31 pm »
The people who run this site are in Malvern, not sure how far that is from Coventry. Maybe someone else could advise.

Mike Hunt

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 08:57:00 pm »
Thank you John.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has done this type of work.

Yours Mike

Art

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 09:20:46 pm »
If you look futher down the first page in this section there's a topic with the heading info please that relates to your question. Hope this helps

Regards Arthur

Mike Hunt

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 09:51:41 pm »
At the bottom of that thread Finton mentions that theres a machine thats capable of doing both dry and HWE.
Could anyone shed a bit more light.

The reason im asking is because ive got 7 storage sites advertising over 1500 leaflets direct to their customers for me.
At the moment im concentrating on the exterior side but ive had a few asking if i do carpet cleaning.
       Thanks Mike

Art

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 10:01:27 pm »
Mike,

Have a look at this site  http://www.machinesthatclean.com/used_equipment.htm It's an option for dry cleaning.

Regards Arthur

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 10:14:24 pm »
Sorry Mike, I may have confused you, what I was suggesting was that you should buy a hot water extraction machine as you will then be able to clean both carpets and upholstery with the one machine. Of course you will not be able to use granules but I think most people will agree that granules are not very effective anyway except on very lightly soiled carpets. HWE will leave the carpets slightly damp of course as opposed to granules which will not wet the carpet but deying out times will not take too long if you follow the advice which is readily available on this board when you are up and running.

BRSL

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 11:21:35 pm »
Hi Mike Ive cleaned thousands and would be more than happy to give advice, and dont pay any atention to drying problems it isnt an issue  :D

James

W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

DK

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 07:22:55 pm »
Dear Mike

I had a large caravan cleaning conract up until last year but had to give it up, Im selling a 1000litre water bowser,pressure washers and foam blaster for washing outside the vans for £2500 ,if your interested please give me a call, the foam machine is amazing on caravans.

Regards

DK

dave washbrook

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 09:59:29 pm »
i also clean loads of caravan interiors and now i'm hoping to start cleaning the outside so if you give me a ring i might be able to help you and you might be able to help me

thanks

dave

DK

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 06:53:39 pm »
Dear Dave

Do you fancy the full set up for washing the outside of vans,the kit is very impressive,I have one 1000 liter water bowser with taps in great Condition,One 2000psi pressure washer,one foam blaster attachement so you can cover van in foam in 2 mins, Im looking for £2500 ono

DK

dave washbrook

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 09:07:11 pm »
dk

thanks for the offer but i was only hoping i would need a pressure washer as i allready carry water with my t/m cleaning system and water is never a problem on sits and also i dont know much about the foam side perhaps you would'nt mind giving me a ring sometime

thanks

dave