Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

homenclean

Need some advice Please Ninja problem
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »
Whilst doing a job today machine kept tripping customers rcd so could not finnish the job.

Tracked the fault down to a vac that had gone replaced it but when testing the Ninja noticed at best with wand could only get 300psi. Cleaned all filters and jets no better, tried hand tool can get 400psi.

Why? The jets arent old and are stainless steel so thought they were supposed to last longer.

Im at a loss to work out why the bloody thing is doing this to me.

Also noticed a slight leak on the presure regulator mounted near the switches not the large brass one. it weeps slightly when at low pressure could this have something to do with it. Or could it just be worn jets?

Many thanks.

John

John Milnes

Re: Need some advice Please Ninja problem
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:16 pm »
you seem to have two seperate problems.
One....the tripping which has been sorted by replacing the vac.

Two....the loss of pressure. If you have loss of pressure at the guage then it is down to a pump problem, air locking or faulty guage. Nothing to do with filters or the wand.

If the guage registers zero when  pump switched off, then that should be ok.
Turn the presure valve up to maximum, then check that there is no flow comming from the dump elbow in the bottom of the freshwater tank. If you have flow from here then bleed valve is at fualt. If the bleed valve is leaking slightly as you say then it just needs the ''o'' ring replacing or a new valve.....it should not affect output pressure if if the ''o'' ring is leaking.

Did you try bleeding air with hose into tank?

Open the machine and check for water leaking from the pump....feel under the pump head....any water, then the seals have gone. If the pump head is leaking then you need a replcement seal/piston kit from Ashbys.

Also check filter at bottom of solution tank....can't think of anything else :)

Craigp

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »
****Im at a loss to work out why the bloody thing is doing this to me.*****

It's not doing it to YOU John, don't take it personally. :D

homenclean

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »
Thankyou for your comments but can assume that if any of the above are the problem then surely i wouldnt get 400psi on the handtool. which i can this is what lead me to think i am having aproblem with the wand.

Sorry to sound dumb but if it is an airlock how do i clear this.

John

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:52:25 pm »
perhaps just have a larger jet ( or total jet size ) on the wand compared to the handtool , which would lower your wand pressure ?

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 05:22:20 am »
You shouldn't take any notice of the working pressure when the trigger is pulled on either tool, unless your total jetting on the wand is the same as your hand tool.  As long as the static pressure is somewhere near the supposed performance of your pump you shouldn't have a problem.

If (for example) your hand tool has a single '03 jet and your wand has a total jetting of '06, the working pressure when using the wand will be a lot less than with the hand tool.

Too much of a big deal is made about pressure - it's flow rate that is the real factor.  Ultimate test - does it clean OK??!! :)

homenclean

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:18:07 pm »
Worked fine today cleaned carpet and suite and customer over moon booked extra work for next week.

It had me thinking there was a pump problem get a bit paranoid as i like everything just so no drips no rattles everything looking and working as it should.

Thanks for your comment

John