Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

slioch

Blood
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:39:07 pm »
I know the question of "how do you remove blood?" has featured here many times and I have chipped in my advice to this.  Today, I encountered the worst blood staining I have ever seen - probably best described as a trauma scene as the victim had lost a pint and a half.  There were the "usual" sorts of spots we all see regularly and others that I would describe as large deep stains - dried and crusty.  These I dealt with very successfully using protein spotter, extraction, rust remover for the residual mark and finished off with stain absorber to guard against wick back.

However, one large mark (10cm x 5cm) and several slightly smaller ones were very stobborn.  I used the same approach as described with marginal success.  I then applied enzyme and left to dwell whilst I was cleaning other rooms.  Upon return I was able to improve the marks a little and with the help of several different types of rust remover managed further improvement.  The end result was far better than what I started with but nowhere near acceptable.  I applied stain absorber and said I would return tomorrow.

Any suggestions.

slioch

Re: Blood
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »
I should have said:
I did use ppe
I use a truckmount
The customer is one of my regulars and does not want to make an insurance claim so  I didn't want to walk away.

markpowell

Re: Blood
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:46:35 pm »
Insurance claim  ;)