Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G & R Services

Office Cleaning
« on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »
Hi Guys

Im after some help i have been asked to quote for the following this will be our first office cleaning contract:

Office Cleaning

2 x Cleaners - Mon - Fri - 2 hours per night

Reception, Training Room, Boardroom, Kitchen Area, 4 Meeting Room, 50 - 60 Office Based Staff.

Im waiting on confirmation as to whether This will be to provide Staff and all cleaning equipment/chemicals or just staff.

I was thinking £15 P/H just to supply staff and £17 p/h if it is to include equipment/chemicals.

What sort of price would you go in at.....?? (Sensible Responses Please)

Robert Parry

Re: Office Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »
Hi Mike,
First things first!

What are their present arrangements?
You need to know and understand this because TUPE, may well apply to their current cleaners, which may have a huge impact on the quoted price.

You seem to be pretty certain of both the timings and the staffing side of things, so I assume that you have carried out a detailed survey of the client's premises and agreed the cleaning specification is acheivable within the current timings/staff levels.

OR The client has informed you that they want 2 x cleaners for 2 x hours each per evening.

If you have carried out the survey, and are sure that you can attain the standards required by the client, great, you are half way there!

If, however, the client has informed you of their own needs, you really do need to look into this in a bit more detail, asking questions, about the need to change contractors, quality, reliability issues etc. This will enable you to ascertain if the contract is actually do-able within the current time/staff limitations etc.

Your costings should allow for holidays/sickness etc.

As for your first thoughts on costings, in todays market, and assuming that there is no special equipment needed I think that you should be looking at an hourly charge of between £12 to £15 per hour + consumables.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....