Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

How Long?
« on: January 20, 2012, 02:11:58 pm »
How long would you anticipate to clean HWE,on my own, 260 Sq Mts of low profile office carpet,client says they will leave rooms virtually empty.

Thanks

Wayne

Jim_77

Re: How Long?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:14:55 pm »
With a standard porty, presuming the carpet needs a scrub with rotary prior to extraction... I'd allow a day.  Slightly shorter day with a high performance porty with auto-fill & dump (cant remember what machinery you run Wayne)

If it was only light soiling and didn't need scrubbing in, shorter again.  This is factoring in time for post-bonneting which is gonna be essential I'd have thought.

JandS

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »
I work on 30sq m as an average for pricing
but on empty rooms probably nearer 40.
How far away the water supply is can also
impact on that time.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

wayne zabel

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:26:00 pm »
Hi Jim,I run a Steempro Powermax,and dont have any LM at present.

There are some bad stains which I think will come out but I have told the client I cant guarantee it.

Would you attempt this job without a LM system for bonneting after HWE?

Paul Evans

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:33 pm »
You Can borrow my bonnet if ya want, I live in hyde staight off the m67.
About half hour from you.
Or ill come and give you a lift  ;) with the clean

Paul

wayne zabel

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »
Thanks for that Paul,If i get the job i will be in touch.Only quoting at the moment,thats why i want an idea of time scales.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:57:39 pm »
Wayne you can pick up a perfectly adequate rotary for a very modest figure.  It'll be a machine that you find more and more uses for - certainly not one of those crazy purchases you make that spends most of its life in the back of the shed!

Kitted out with drive board, bonnets, scrubbing pads and brush attachments it really is THE most versatile tool in anyone's armoury.

No I wouldn't touch low profile tiles with HWE, especially portable system, without a rotary on standby.  I used to find every now and again with a porty, sometimes the "black death" is so bad you have to sack off the extraction and just bonnet the damn thing.  Therefore I'd start off on a quite small bit first...vac very well, apply a pre-spray that you can just bonnet like a microsplitter, get the HWE on it and see how it goes.  Hopefully should be OK to extract, airmovers on it then follow up with light spray of MS or fusion clean and bonnet after it's mostly dry.