Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luc

machine for aggitation
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:57:08 pm »
hi guys, im thinking of buying a oreck orbiter or something similar for agitating prespray on domestic and small commercial jobs. Will this be a good buy??
or is there something better out there? i am mainly looking for something small, not to heavy but powerful enough for a good scrub.
thanks
luc

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Re: machine for aggitation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
if its just for what you say then a sebo duo would be efficient there lite but great for what you need.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:23 pm »
Duo works great on wool & nylon, and polyprop if it's not matted down.  Useless on matted polyprop traffic lanes.  It is fantastic for domestic work where you need a nimble machine, particularly great on stairs used side to side and over the nosings.....but very slow on big open spaces.

The orbiter probably not such great agitation for domestic work and you'll be there all day on commercials, or any big areas like a through lounge of an empty house.  Man size rotary needed for that, or a big 400mm wide CRB machine.

peter maybury

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »
crb cannot be beaten for aggitation. They are a good investment and will save you a lot of time on jobs.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »
Go with the Sebo Duo its perfect for domestic work.

(Richard & Tara)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 05:12:41 pm »
You wait till you use a bigger one (Envirodry or similar) While the Sebo is fine if slow and not so easy, a big one will pull so much more rubbish out of a carpet- hand fulls of dog and cat hair and more.... especially on EOTs where vaccing by the tenant is low priority.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

steven Banks

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 11:20:52 pm »
The rotowash r4 is a good well built machine, and easy to fix.  ;)

Barry Livingstone

Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Griffus

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:41:30 pm »
Or this on Fleebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexi-5-Dry-Carpet-Cleaning-Agitation-Machine-/180792446169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a1811ccd9#ht_500wt_1287

That Flexi 5 looks older than some of the prehistoric Host's I've seen around. Didn't think the Flexi had been out long enough to look like that!

A decent Flexi 5 is definite, but pricey option, certainly at the upper end of the scale. The Envirodri would be my choice, as indeed it was a couple of years ago. Bought as a used model direct from Envirodri so give them a call.

One of my best purchases.

Jim_77

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »
I love the fact he's started the auction at £1k and has the bare faced cheek to say "grab a bargain" ! ! ! !

Nobody with any brains would pay any more than £500 for such a machine second hand, particularly with the niggly design flaws of the flexi-5

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »
you could make one for even less, Buy the Sebo off ebay and a backpack vac, drill hole for vac in Sebo!!!! steal shopping trolly from asda...(any supermarket) attach to vac and sebo.......And hey Presto :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) :P :P
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 08:51:28 pm »

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 11:03:00 pm »
Is Presto a Scottish Lidl?

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:58:46 am »
Looks virtually brand new to me.