Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SPM soapy
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:57:19 pm »
Am I just having a bad run with carpets containing remnants of previous cleans or does SPM sud up a bit?

CleanerCarpets

Re: SPM soapy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:59:57 pm »
never had a problem with SPM causing foam. Its a heavy duty microsplitter boosted with an oxidizer so it wont be that causing the foam

des

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »
Hi Neil are you talking about solutions  spm .if yes why not ask on clean talk where they sell it
des at mister clean

AshWhite

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:23:26 pm »
I have noticed the same, but only when going over stains that I suspect the customer has atttempted cleaning already.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:24:47 pm »
Hi Neil are you talking about solutions  spm .if yes why not ask on clean talk where they sell it

Yes the Solutions SPM and I will ask on there, but as this is my first port of calls in relations to forums I thought I'd ask on here first knowing that others here use it.

NLC- Thought the same so I must be having a run of previous residue jobs.

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 10:52:38 pm »
I got a real beauty just before Christmas. I had de-foamer in the waste tank, but as I went over an old coffee stain, the noise of the air made that hollow sound, if you catch my drift. I looked out and the Jag was toppers with foam and a huge white cloud appeared... :o

I ran to and switched the machine off, took the waste tank lid off and immediately ran the motors for 5 minutes.

I asked the lady if she had used Vanish and she said no, she'd used Fairy washing up liquid.... >:(

Russ Chadd

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 09:33:52 am »
I now make a point of asking the customer if they have used any stain removers before i start the job... at least it gives me an idea and regular monitoring of my waste tank will avoid alot of hassle.

Helen

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 01:00:48 pm »
I now make a point of asking the customer if they have used any stain removers before i start the job... at least it gives me an idea and regular monitoring of my waste tank will avoid alot of hassle.

9 out of 10 custies.....they say no!    9 out of 10 jobs........yes you did ;D

Patti

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 03:41:31 pm »
We have just had the worst one ever. It was a bathroom carpet where the grandchild had an accident. When we started to clean we couldn't believe it! After a few seconds we had to switch the machine off and scoop tons of foam out the waste tank. Even with loads of de-foamer we couldn't cope with it.  My husband said that in 24 years he'd never seen anything like it. After pressing the customer it turned out she'd scrubbed an entire bottle of fairy liquid into the carpet.

Buckland

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 04:58:16 pm »
Well from a previous thread Which? the consumer organisation said it worked as well or better than the 'leading' brands of carpet spotters so in a way they recommended it so it must be right!  :)
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk