Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

stain protection advice
« on: January 13, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »
hi

just after some advice types and application please

1. diluted or ready to use ( i can see diluted appears better value for money).. any recommendations welcome .. i have seen some for £45 for 20ltrs ( ready to use) coverage approx 200 sq M...via an ebay shop that deals in carpet cleaning stuff and accessories...ive also heard extracta XP is good (diluted) coverage up 175 sq M approx £42 (incl VAT)

2. Is it as simple as apply via pump up sprayer to damp carpet / upholstery following cleaning the brush in with a carpet brush?

3. Are drying times increase after application doeas it have to dry naturally?

4. do you leave any info/card with customer like what it does and should you spill etc.. what to do (like it'll buy you time etc to get kitchen roll and blot up)

Thanks
Paul

Jim_77

Re: stain protection advice
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »
1) No answer to that, 10 people will tell you 10 different things, the same as with any other products it's just something you arrive at by your own trial and error :)

2) Yes, except I'd not use a carpet brush on a sofa, maybe tampico ;D  I use a grandi groomer on carpets to work it in (and the handi groomer on stairs)

3) Yes, obviously because you're applying more moisture.  Important point - do NOT turbo dry protector, because it needs the absorb into the fibre.  Dry it off too quick and you'll stop it being absorbed fully.  I always turbo dry straight after cleaning so the carpets are just a tiny bit damp before application.  This stops long drying times.

4) No, they won't take a blind bit of notice of it anyway :)  I do have own label spotters which I leave behind with every customer.  I think simply stopping them reaching for the vanish is much better and realistically more achievable than getting them to follow any set instructions.  The instructions are on the spotter bottle anyway.

Paul H

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:39:22 pm »
Thanks Jim... best get a hand brush then ! :D

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:06 pm »
No probs.  I quite often use a folded terry towel on upholstery actually.  Slight waste of product because it absorbs a little bit (only a tad) but makes sure it's distributed fairly evenly

Paul H

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:04:29 pm »
makes sense... noted thanks again