Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamie Lindsay

prices on flyer
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »
for those who put there prices on flyers do you put the sqm price or per room ?

TomCrowther

Re: prices on flyer
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:48:07 pm »
I got a flyer through the door just this week with the lowest prices yet! All were half their usual price {which were low enough anyway}, e.g. hall, stairs and landing £25, Lounge £20 etc, plus 10% off for oap's? No land line, no address so could be anybody..

Russ Chadd

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:12:22 pm »
In my opinion best keep it simple!
I don't print prices because every job is different and therefore i price accordingly.
The classic "bait and switch" tactics used by some firms  usually print silly prices purely as a way of getting the phone ringing.

Do professional carpet cleaners really charge £25 to clean a hall, stairs and landing? i suppose it may be  possible if you have no overheads at all, a family to feed or a mortgage to pay?

I guess you have to put your feet in the punters shoes and ask your self what would stop me throwing the flier in the bin if it were poster through my letter box?

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 05:36:54 pm »
very true sir

but just afraid of selling to domestic atm

I have cheap prices 35 hall n stairs to give example but I am currently looking over my pricing structure

but puting cheap prices implies cheap clean.. and how many ppl have had or heard of bad experiences before with bad cleaners

In my years experience of cleaning alot of ppl how the had a guy come in once and do this and do that

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:18:26 pm »
People are gullible, it just all depends on your morals/business sense.

Put £10 a room on a leaflet and the phone will ring for sure (just ask those who went the groupon route).
The question is what do you do with these phone calls. Do you honor the price and feel that you are doing what you are selling, or do you use it as a chance to get through the door and upsell from there.

Alternatively, price correctly and only get phone calls from genuine people who appreciate there is a price to getting this type of work done.

peter maybury

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:06 pm »
The last 10,000 leaflets I had printed, I for the first time in 20 years put some guide prices on. I have had the worst response from leaflet that I have ever had. In the past we always got people phoning up asking what price we charged. This gave us the opprtunity to sell to them.
Ok all of the customers who are phoning up are all booking as they already have an idea of cost. But the people who's curiosity would have been aroused by not having prices on are not phoning.
If you are going to work for peanuts then it may be a different matter.
I think that this is the first and the last time I put prices on leaflets.............

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com