Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MAX Carpets

Olympics
« on: January 02, 2012, 09:13:14 am »
So much being said about how great The Olympics will be. Will anyone on here benefit from it, dont think I will somehow.

Cheers

Justin

Ian Gourlay

Re: Olympics
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:26:16 am »
Somewhere there will be carpets and athletes rooms that will need cleaning but imagine contracts will go to the big companies

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:51:36 am »
If you pick up a pub job that are having their carpets cleaned before or after the Olympics, or a sofa cleaning job for some die-hard Olympics fan who wants to have a clean sofa for their mates to sit on.... You will have benefited from the Olympics.

Perhaps a marketing strategy with the Olympics in mind is what's needed....

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:54:40 am »
Thats what we need more of Creative Thinking

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:55:53 am »
We picked up the contract for the Olympic sailing academy at Portland which will host all the sailing events so well chuffed with that!

They said they would only use a local company & chose us, have notched up a few jobs there already while all the training has been going on.

So it's not been all bad !

Regards
Steve

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:56 am »
I shudder when I here the name "Portland"

All those Navy training days and Thursday Wars were a real killer....

I still have the radar image in my mind of the approaches to Portland.... ;D ;D ;D

Helen

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:10:44 am »
We picked up the contract for the Olympic sailing academy at Portland which will host all the sailing events so well chuffed with that!

They said they would only use a local company & chose us, have notched up a few jobs there already while all the training has been going on.

So it's not been all bad !

Regards
Steve

Nice to hear that someone has benefitted already! May go someway to make up for all the traffic disruption whilst it is actually happening. :)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »
Colin,

Portland only used to be known for the Navy a few years ago, since then its gone into rapid decline, the olympic sailing is maybe the thing that will put it on the map again and rejuvenate the area a bit.

Helen

Yep theres not many good things that happen for Portland but the Olympics may one of them.
I think for us it was just being in the right place at the right time :)

Dont think i'll be a millionaire from it, but nice to be involved in a small way.

Fortunately I dont live at Portland any more but have finally moved to Dorchester after having my place for sale for 4 years, so at least the traffic wont affect us as bad as i imagined it might,

Regards
Steve

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:01:51 am »
NOthing from the Olympics. Already got out biggest job ever for Commonwealth Games doing antislip coating to floors.

derikraven

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 06:26:55 am »
I live in Inverness.............................what olympics? :(

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 08:29:26 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »
I am fed up with it already.
We are already looking to book a caravan site in North Scotland for the two weeks- no telly and poor satellite reception. ;)

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Buckland

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 05:53:38 pm »
If you want to waste some time on the off chance of getting some work register your company on this site:

https://www.competefor.com/

I did register ages ago (like over a year) but in my experience  it offers very little so far in terms of solid carpet cleaning opportunities maybe that will change now as they get round to the details - I dont suppose there are many upholstered seats in olympic venues but no doubt there are executive suites for the big wigs etc

Most of the traffic on the site concerns educational authority and the like for contracts to do everything! When I was getting regular updates it was so bloody complicated you could not make head nor tail of what they were actually offering

Steve - Be interested to know if you got the job through competefor.com or just local contact - good to know they are using locals

dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 07:32:01 pm »
Dave,

No it wasnt through the website, the operations manager of the Sailing Academy found us through our website and said they were committed to only using local businesses, he invited me down for a chat, i offered to do a test run to see if we were all happy and he was over the moon and signed us up for a regular contract.

There were a few sweetners in the deal as well, so that probably helped  ;D

Regards
Steve