Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Would you run a TM if you could?

Yes
No

Colin Day

Re: For Porty Owners Only-Poll
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 04:28:45 pm »
What I don't get with the whole TM / portable debate is how people tend to see them as something you reward yourself with years down the line, whereas in reality they cost peanuts, get through far more work more quickly, look the part and earn you a lot more money. A decent TM will do £100k plus per year so the cost of it really is peanuts. And from a customers perspective they look at their gleaming carpet and attribute the quality to the machine and so tend to stick with you because of that perception. I use the word 'perception' because we all know that in the right hands you can do an outstanding job with any porty, it might take you longer, but you can get there is the end.

Simon
Can I vote now, please? :'(

Oh go on then, seeing as it's Christmas.... ;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:20 pm »
Thanks, Santa,
I'm going to vote 'No' because you can run faster with a porty than you can with a TM in tow.
Does that help? ;D

Simon

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 04:43:51 pm »
I ran a porty for 2 years and then an opportunity came along to get a low hours mint condition small tm at around the price of a top end porty .  Yes it comes with a downside there are a few jobs you cant do because of access etc but generally speaking they are jobs you prob wont want to do anyway.

but on the other hand there are more jobs i do that with the time constraints and electric and water issues that would be impossible to do with a porty.

one downside is when your van goes wrong you screwed. which i have found out a lot this year. 

But at the end if the day if somebody told me i had to go back to filling buckets i would give up. 

I am great believer in the fact that a good cc will always achieve good results with whatever they use  but at a diff pace.

as for the fact that someone stated they would buy another porty and van and put another tech on the road and that would earn more than a tm   he is prob rightin T/O but  not the same amount of profit thats for sure. byt the time you have paid wages van etc .

as for the argument that tms cost a fortune to run  its a bit like cars the flasher one you have the more it costs you mine averages £20 of petrol for every £1000 earned  and its services cost me less than 150 every 6 months

rushe

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 05:54:21 pm »
william profit is key especially when skint call it being a customer relationships advisorory poll or crap for short ;D ;D ;D

Billy Russell

Re: For Porty AND TMer AND LMer Owners Only-Poll
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:10 pm »
so it is steve rushe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you on here!!!!!! sorry i missed you at are office the other day!!! Thank you for your kind words though! Mum did pass the msg on!!!  ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 07:59:42 pm »
Colin

I’m very diverse in what equipment I have to hand, the TM wins hands down every time subject to location (and I also work in all London post codes)

Am glad some one brought up profit all my equipment makes a profit some more than others, (things are about to change in the New Year a web site)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Colin Day

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 08:08:38 pm »
Colin

I’m very diverse in what equipment I have to hand, the TM wins hands down every time subject to location (and I also work in all London post codes)

Am glad some one brought up profit all my equipment makes a profit some more than others, (things are about to change in the New Year a web site)

That's terrible, you haven't got a web site... Jeez! The money I've saved on advertising is amazing since getting a web site. I recently ran a special offer for 3 weeks in the local rag... NOT 1 CALL!

I can recommend someone... Just look at my website the link is on there. I get a lot of work from it so it MUST work...

I have a plan for the TM, the wife likes it too.... ;)

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 10:10:22 pm »
I have good money on Colin being  the next porty man to go TM. He's flirting big time

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 10:19:33 pm »
Sell the kids Col you could get one then!

Actually Colin you aren't ready for a TM yet, you've just bought a Zeta and a Jag it may be Xmas but leave the boys toys until Santa comes next year.

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2011, 12:52:21 am »
I have good money on Colin being  the next porty man to go TM. He's flirting big time

Not a chance... 3 years minimum...

rushe

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:09 am »
ive heard they have had to crush some t/m in london with the new lez laws due to sound and C02 emmissions..oh dear...rite billy hope your well as can be..sure you can have time off now, come down here and buy a porty owner a pint, best wishes to all

Len Gribble

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2011, 06:28:57 pm »
Colin

Stopped all advertising when yellow pages split there books years ago.  And have to agree with you, think it’s about time this old phoenix got into 21st century! And thanks for the offer, got someone working on it to blow my local competitors away hopefully  :)

LM rules on the commercial front if you can get it  ;) with very high profit the margin. :-X

Thanks rushe

Kick a man when his down re lez  :P
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)