Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Hose reel spindle
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:00:46 pm »
I getting a few more spares by me incase of failures, but has anyone's metal hose reel spindle ever broken? Didn't know if it's worth getting one as a spare, or are they pretty robust?

CLEANCARE WC

Re: Hose reel spindle
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »
I HAVE NEVER BROKE ONE IN 6 YEARS LEE. I WOULDNT BOTHER
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:51:54 pm »
a m8s went 2yr ago was extreme here though  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:59:05 pm »
Hi Lee,

I think the center spindle is about £15.00 and the bushes are another £8.00 if I remember correctly. I've also had my hose reel about 5 years and I am also considering adding a spindle and bushes to my spares kit just in case.
What I ask myself is what it would cost if you couldn't work 1 day because of a failure - it would cost far more than the cost of the parts.

When I first started WFP I somehow broke the Y piece from the hose to the jets - I've never broken another since. I only had 1 brush and 1 pole. I didn't have a spare and hunted everywhere local for something that would work - nothing, not even in B&Q.
So I got onto the Internet and ordered a few by first class post later that afternoon - they took 4 days to arrive. In the meantime I managed to source a Y Piece from a local motor factors all sorts box for 50p a day later.
I learnt a valuable leason from that as I lost a day and a half's work for a part that cost 'nought'. I probably take carrying of spares a little too far now.

I always ask the question, what will it cost if I don't have it and can't make an immediate plan.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:05:01 pm »
Mmm what to do what to do what to do?

You can guarantee if I don't get one it will break if I do, it will last years  ;D

What actually fails on the spindles? Do you need to replace the bushes at the same time?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:40 pm »
Hi Lee,

I think the center spindle is about £15.00 and the bushes are another £8.00 if I remember correctly. I've also had my hose reel about 5 years and I am also considering adding a spindle and bushes to my spares kit just in case.
What I ask myself is what it would cost if you couldn't work 1 day because of a failure - it would cost far more than the cost of the parts.

When I first started WFP I somehow broke the Y piece from the hose to the jets - I've never broken another since. I only had 1 brush and 1 pole. I didn't have a spare and hunted everywhere local for something that would work - nothing, not even in B&Q.
So I got onto the Internet and ordered a few by first class post later that afternoon - they took 4 days to arrive. In the meantime I managed to source a Y Piece from a local motor factors all sorts box for 50p a day later.
I learnt a valuable leason from that as I lost a day and a half's work for a part that cost 'nought'. I probably take carrying of spares a little too far now.

I always ask the question, what will it cost if I don't have it and can't make an immediate plan.

Spruce

yes good to have spares but not that sort of thing imo sitting gathering dust maybe never to be used.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:52:59 pm »
I getting a few more spares by me incase of failures, but has anyone's metal hose reel spindle ever broken? Didn't know if it's worth getting one as a spare, or are they pretty robust?

Nice to see someone else observing the 7 p's  Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents p Poor Performance  ;D