Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

should i or shouldn't i?
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:09:47 pm »
I do a hgv garage near by,always pay cash and great payers,i looked in the paper today and they have gone into administration last friday,im due there in a couple of weeks,do i bother or not? ???
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

weetot

Re: should i or shouldn't i?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »
Ask them to pay you before you do em'.  :-\
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
Id be very surprised if the Administrators would allow anyone to carry out any non essential maintenance!

But if they do ask for them to be done you will be able to chase the administrators for payment.

Pope vader

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 03:50:57 pm »
i use to do a care home that was in administration, got payed cash on day or head office if boss wasnt in,  go in and see them first,  as they are allowed to spend money to keep the place going

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 04:26:58 pm »
you have to get the cash out of them pretty quick mate. then canvass new areas this is why i do small houses as me mate said earlier a £10 clean you can get over but anything over£20 you will feel it.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:49:04 pm »
Definitely get your money first.  I used to do a double glazing factory, they always paid for two visits in arrears.  I turned up to do them on the second visit (so they owed me for the previous one).  The finance director came out as I was doing them, gave me a cheery "Hello there!" and walked away.  I put my invoice in to the office as usual and nobody said a dicky bird to me.  A couple of days later I read in the local paper that they had gone bust.  I never got paid, even though I filled in the claim form sent to me by the administrators.  Apparently I wasn't high enough priority on their payment list!

Dick

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:48 pm »
HMRC and administrators got their money in full before any other creditors.

idealrob

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »
you have to get the cash out of them pretty quick mate. then canvass new areas this is why i do small houses as me mate said earlier a £10 clean you can get over but anything over£20 you will feel it.

£20 and you will feel it ?

We dont take anything on that would seriously put the company at risk, but £20 quid seems a bit low to me, i have never been bounced in more than 30 years, but sometimes we have to take a little risk, even on 4 figure contracts, and sometimes as the saying goes you speculate to acumulate

idealrob

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 06:56:18 pm »
I do a hgv garage near by,always pay cash and great payers,i looked in the paper today and they have gone into administration last friday,im due there in a couple of weeks,do i bother or not? ???

dont bother start replacing

rah

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »
Can guarantee if they owe you anything you won't get it. Leave well alone.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 07:21:50 pm »
Money first
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »
I quoted and gained a hotel for £95 a month, .....thought oh good until the manager said the company was in administration and I'd have to wait 3 months from submitting invoices to be paid..............................walked away and never bothered with putting it on my round........too much hassle getting paid (if ever more like).

Helen

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 08:25:44 pm »

Wouldn't a simple phone call solve this for you?

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:51:39 pm »

yes ill try and ring the director next week.
wouldn;t mind but its worth £100 a hour  :(
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 07:36:55 am »

yes ill try and ring the director next week.
wouldn;t mind but its worth £100 a hour  :(

Prob why they went bust!  ;D